Baubles, bangles and beads

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
It was barely light when I got to the beach this morning and it was chilly. I don't think I am ever going to get warm! Ah well when summer gets here I will be grumbling about how hot it is. I met GAMiller out there this morning and he said he was doing pretty good on clad but no jewelry. I got in the water and yep.... it was chilly. Thank heavens for the bumble bee suit! I got a penny right off the bat. Then a small "peace" charm. Very small! It was light now but you could see the "steam" rising off the water. Brrrrrrr Then I got a cheap hoop earring and another small butterfly charm. Then I got some more clad. Oh yeah finally I'm getting something. Things are looking up. I got a second cheap hoop earring. GAMiller left and I kept going. My next find was a bead bracelet. I eyeballed this one but no matter it is still a find. Hmmmmmm another hit, didn't sound like much but it turned out to be a ring! I saw the sparkle as it was going into the scoop. OH BOY OH BOY.... but it was a let down. It was just a junk ring. It has "Love" on it with the stone in the o spot. Well it's pretty AND it's a ring so - I'm happy. I kept going and got another hit and OH BOY it looked like gold.... Nope.... it wasn't - darn..... but it sure is pretty. This one turned out to be 925 even though it looks gold. It looks like the "gold" is wearing off and it is also stamped CHINA Well I don't care it's pretty AND it's ring number two for the morning. I'll take it!

031711.jpg

Ring0317111.jpg
Ring0317112b.jpg
Ring0317112a.jpg

Ok so still no gold for me but as far as I'm concerned I had a real good morning an I'm looking forward to tomorrow already. :wink:

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Mums!! Beats the heck out of my .37 cent morning, lol.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice hunt Mumszie....you seem to be
finding a lot more rings now than you did last
year....must be the new Bumble-Bee suit!! LOL
HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Looks like you had a great day! I love reading your posts, I can't wait to see what you find next!!!!!! :icon_thumright: Red

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love reading your posts, Mumszie :hello:

You had a good hunt there :hello2:

I like the ring :headbang:

Lorraine

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps your next scoopful will be that gold. Keep up the looking!!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Your morning of detecting was a good one. You got more than my last day out, except for the coin count. If you are finding junk rings and earrings, I am sure you will find some gold. Maybe next time. Some friends of mine live up in Spring Hill, and tell me it is cold up there. It is warm down here. Soon it will feel warm there, I am sure. Savor those cool nights, we are running the A/C some of the nights.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
stevemc said:
Your morning of detecting was a good one. You got more than my last day out, except for the coin count. If you are finding junk rings and earrings, I am sure you will find some gold. Maybe next time. Some friends of mine live up in Spring Hill, and tell me it is cold up there. It is warm down here. Soon it will feel warm there, I am sure. Savor those cool nights, we are running the A/C some of the nights.

It's funny you should say that because I tell everyone that it is still chilly up here and I don't think people believe me. It really isn't COLD but just chilly in the early mornings which is when I hunt.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an earring that I thought was gold with diamonds. It was marked .925 China CZ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread