Xmas Eve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
:D Anybody down in florida got room for a th'er that lives in michigan?Last time I went to florida 2 years ago Christmas went in the ocean metal detecting;only got pneumonia for my effort. >:(

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hehe, yes, they make it sound like it is just laying there waiting for people to pick it up. Anyone who has been there, knows it is no way like that. The waters off shore (which are off limits) still have scattered treasure, but the beaches have been well picked over and it takes a long time and lots of luck to find anything at all, and mainly after a major storm if anytime. Sure there have been some big finds on these beaches, but in the span of over 40 years. In reality there are some public beaches where the hunting is supreme, but you still have to put plenty of time in them and have the luck. Mainly beaches in the high population areas. As long as there are lots of people hitting the beach, there is the potential for a rich beach. I was in Virginia Beach a few years ago and a life guard told me of a lady losing a bracelet and ring in the surf, value was over 10 thousand. The surf was rough that week so I never did try to hunt for them. Just a small example of the stuff people lose, and it happens every year somewhere..The real treasure beaches are everywhere, as long as you find something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread