question

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
any of you Florida boys that have been around for a long time...... remember a park that you could take the kids to using tickets you got for gas. I think it was for every ten cents you spent you got a ticket and then you could use them on rides at this small amusement park in Pinellas County. I thought the gas station was seal test but .... I just can't remember. This had to be back in the early 60's. ???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
GOT IT! It was Super Test and was located where jerry ulm car lot is now at. I thought that might be a good place to hunt but.... I guess now that it's all paved over.... all those old coins are now buried. Ah well it was just a thought. :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did the same thing in Tampa in the mid 60's, You got a ticket for so many gallons of gas, it was good at the little amusement park in St. Pete..... My brothers and I use to go there in the mid 60's. My stepfather ran a Super Test station in North Tampa so we got tickets through him.....

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Treasure_Hunter said:
They did the same thing in Tampa in the mid 60's, You got a ticket for so many gallons of gas, it was good at the little amusement park in St. Pete..... My brothers and I use to go there in the mid 60's. My stepfather ran a Super Test station in North Tampa so we got tickets through him.....

Yep, that is the place I was talking about. I thought that might be a real good place to hunt but everything has changed soooo much and now it's all concrete. Oh well. So much for memories. :wink:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good thinking Mumszie and the way to research! I have found a couple of old place, that were still huntable by looking at old post cards for sale on ebay.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
It may be on part of the park. I never went to is so I don't have a clue to the size of the old park. Did it have a name?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread