Non-productive morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Boy, getting old is NOT for wimps! I have been having more and more trouble walking or rather bending the last few weeks. I FINALLY went to the doctor yesterday and found out that not only do I have arthritis in my knee but now I also have a bad case of it in my hip - same leg. Sheesh! Today I have to go to a bone doctor and get a shot in my knee and another one in my hip. I sure hope that helps the pain! But did it stop me from hunting? NOOOOOO I did ask the doctor if I could go and he said as long as I felt like it... go ahead. I feel just fine when I'm in the water. It's just getting to the water and then back to the car that I have a problem. LOL Still.... off I went this morning to do my thing. I didn't find much. I believe someone else got there before me but they didn't get it all. I still ended up with 7 pennies, one foreign coin, another cheap hoop earring and more junk. Oh well, I got out and that's all I care about. Maybe tomorrow I will really have something to post to brag about! Watch out... tune in.... and watch for me.

My finds today.....

032311.jpg

and the foreign coin is a 25 cent piece frrom Trinidad and Tobago.

25cents0323112.jpg
25cents0323111.jpg

Well not a real productive day but still I enjoyed the morning. Can't wait for tomorrow! :wink:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same problems with arthritis in both knees and hip. I am fine once I get in the water cause I float along like a hippo with hardly any weight on the joints. Those shots don't last and I am thinking of taking up drinking booze. But I am not in the box yet and get out when I can.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Sandman said:
I have the same problems with arthritis in both knees and hip. I am fine once I get in the water cause I float along like a hippo with hardly any weight on the joints. Those shots don't last and I am thinking of taking up drinking boose. But I am not in the box yet and get out when I can.

I hear ya! I've already had them twice in my knee and you are right. They don't last very long in fact in my case it really didn't make any difference at all. I've never had the hip one but I will give it a try today. As long as I can get in water at least to my hips I feel good. It's just trying to get there that I have a problem. AND no hunting dry land or sand for me. I just can't do that any more. I may take up drinking booze too! ::)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie...sorry to read about your arthritis problems.

Have you tried taking a couple of Advil about 1/2 hour before going detecting?

That might help you ...I hope so

Lorraine

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Get onto one of the 'old natural' treatments, now that it is confirmed as arthritis.
1. Certo ( 3/4 tsp. powder, OR 2 tsp. liquid) in 3 oz. 100% purple, unsweetened grape juice, 3 times per day to start. As pain disappears, gradually reduce to 1 tsp. liquid OR 3/8 tsp. powder in 3 oz. juice, twice per day.
2. Raisins/Gin:
- fill a bowl with golden raisins
- pour in just enough Gin to cover the raisins
- allow the gin to absorb and evaporate (about a week)
- put the moist raisins in a jar with a tight lid
- eat 9 raisins a day (they go well on cereal)
Gord

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
sounds like we are all in the same boat!!! I'm trying to figure out how I"m gonna make it through 6 days of hard hunting next week with my foot problems!! Well i'll make it if they have to carry me!!! lol

anyway, neat foreign coin Mumszie!

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
If only you could stay off that leg a bit, more bouyant.. I'll get ya this Mums.. :laughing7:

Attachments

• float.jpg
    float.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 197

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread