Hunting The Drysand

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first MD'ing video hunt. Got to use my new head cam, I set the cam on my bill from my baseball cap...worked out well! This spot is being worked on, Explaining why I've found coins on top of the sand. I've found many silver coins in the past 5 months there and a gold ring before I got the cam. Thanks for watching.
[youtube=425,350]x-vn8lJZmkE[/youtube]

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 713
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 714
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0
Mar 15, 2011
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx-sunray dx-1 probe- d2 coil,,,,,whites beach hunter id 300,,,,,garrett ace 250 for the tag alongs
very cool, im interested in the camera too, it would be great if we all could make and post vids of our hunts!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice video! and Congrats on all the great finds! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

MD heaven there ... if you can find those amazing coins. What kind of work are they doing on the sand?

Here in California I have a small remote beach that gets replenished with old sand from some older more popular beach locations. The stormy surf (like we had recently) washes the sand and old Silver coins and occasional rings pop out. Got a 1904 Indian head cent as well as buffalo nickels too. My avatar ring was my first Gold ring from that beach.

Keep working that beach as long as you can. :headbang:

HH Joe

OP
OP
PI JOE

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrJoePrime said:
Nice video! and Congrats on all the great finds! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

MD heaven there ... if you can find those amazing coins. What kind of work are they doing on the sand?

Here in California I have a small remote beach that gets replenished with old sand from some older more popular beach locations. The stormy surf (like we had recently) washes the sand and old Silver coins and occasional rings pop out. Got a 1904 Indian head cent as well as buffalo nickels too. My avatar ring was my first Gold ring from that beach.

Keep working that beach as long as you can. :headbang:

HH Joe

Thanks guys! The cam that I am using is Tachyon XC micro headcam....is the best under $100 in the market...check out the link and pics. Joe, This coming fall, I will put together a video of this site before and after...I have lots of pics and videos of it. I will also show all my finds. :wink:

http://www.tachyoninc.com/

Attachments

• 4839854521_42007d0c56_b.jpg
    4839854521_42007d0c56_b.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 547
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 549

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Joe

I really like that Video Cam set up.

Do you mind telling us what store you picked up the Micro Cam at? Is it a national store or local to your area?

Thanks for sharing your tech with us.

Ralph

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool video and great finds! Looks like that little camera does a nice job at a reasonable price.

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Awesome! I need to get me one of those so I can make videos detecting to the oldies. Nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread