Feb/March Finds...

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Even though March isn't over my Dual Field is headed to Whites for some service... I do a lot of research during the fall and winter months looking for spots I think may produce old gold... I'm not after fresh drops... I didn' thave room to post all the silver coins but most know how lousy they come out of the water anyway... Ialso posted some of the artifacts that come out with the good stuff ;) I hunt the beaches of CT...

Attachments

• 005 (800x600).jpg
    005 (800x600).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 559
  • 006 (800x600).jpg
    006 (800x600).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pile!!!!!!!!

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Man I'm impressed. That research Does pay off. Congrats on such a wonderful assortment of goodies, can't wwait to see the next batch. :thumbsup:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very nice pile! I assume you find lots of newer stuff also. Those are some heavy rings!

OP
OP
C

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
stevemc said:
Very nice pile! I assume you find lots of newer stuff also. Those are some heavy rings!

Actually I don't find many new drops as I don't hunt alot of active sites... most everything I find is older... I'm a mud and rocky beach hunter... I hunt where others find its too hard.... if I get a signal under a boulder, I'll move it ;)

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Great finds. Your research does you well. Sorry to hear about the DF taking a fall. Hope it comes back and graduates top of the class...again

OP
OP
C

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
metaldetectorguy said:
Great finds. Your research does you well. Sorry to hear about the DF taking a fall. Hope it comes back and graduates top of the class...again

"Randy" I was hunting in the mud, I call it suction mud because if you stay too long you sink just like PI JOE did when he fell ;D

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craig-PI said:
metaldetectorguy said:

"Randy" I was hunting in the mud, I call it suction mud because if you stay too long you sink just like PI JOE did when he fell ;D

You're killing me Craig! :laughing7: We'll be in full swing very soon. Hey, Who's Randy! lmao :laughing7: inside joke...

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on some beautiful stuff there. :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Craig, like the Old Rings.....Congrads on all.........joe

OP
OP
C

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
OldeBeechnut said:
Very Nice Craig, like the Old Rings.....Congrads on all.........joe

Thanks Joe... want me to save you a few when you come up to hunt with us? :laughing7:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
want me to save you a few when you come up to hunt with us?

That would be nice, but I'm after something worth more then Gold.......knowledge.............. tips on the DF, theories, stories, hunting conditions and just to watch you and that pi joe guy swinging the detectors, Now that's if pi joe's not hurt....I would like to see the HeadHunter in action also....Nothing Like being there............ :director2:

OP
OP
C

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
OldeBeechnut said:
want me to save you a few when you come up to hunt with us?

That would be nice, but I'm after something worth more then Gold.......knowledge.............. tips on the DF, theories, stories, hunting conditions and just to watch you and that pi joe guy swinging the detectors, Now that's if pi joe's not hurt....I would like to see the HeadHunter in action also....Nothing Like being there............ :director2:

Just as long as you point your cam down.. no horizon shots allowed where I hunt.. I don't share very well ;)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I can respect your wishs, No cam at that beach, all I need is to watch and maybe I can get alittle audio of a few of your deep signals. I see so many hunters with the Df, along with myself, that are just digging the traditional signals. You have a special gift in being able dis-crete the Deep Gold with the DF, along with being able to put the puzzle together of locating these old swimming spots thur research. ........see you soon buddy.................26 months to go as of today............thanks,........joe

OP
OP
C

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
OldeBeechnut said:
I can respect your wishs, No cam at that beach, all I need is to watch and maybe I can get alittle audio of a few of your deep signals. I see so many hunters with the Df, along with myself, that are just digging the traditional signals. You have a special gift in being able dis-crete the Deep Gold with the DF, along with being able to put the puzzle together of locating these old swimming spots thur research. ........see you soon buddy.................26 months to go as of today............thanks,........joe

Very nice words Joe thanks... but I think you are right on because I see so many give up on the DF or a PI for that matter.. they really are not giving it the time or patience... anyone can dig fresh drops consistantly....

I'm not after fresh drops, I don't hunt places that I would find fresh drops... some of the places I hunt don't even look inviting to a beach goer... but I know these places hold old targets and thats what I am after... ;)

I was talking to someone today and was trying to describe what these in threshold targets sound like and the best I can come up with is a repeatable blank spot in the threshold... its not a tone, its like the tone is missing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread