davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida is a large area. In Weeki Wachee the water temperature is 72 degrees, in Tampa Bay 76 degrees, Dora in Inverness says 72, Daytona 58

Miami, you'll have to ask Chuck In Miami. :icon_scratch:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, there are plenty of people in the water. :icon_thumleft:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There lots of people in the water but ,whats a drop ?oh yea that what they loss ,no there ant any of them,no new money or Gold this year ,like the whell is dried up. very bad year. Last year at this time I had 25 gold rings, this year I got 1, and hunt almost every day.Know Fl. is going to H#@#@! real fast.Ron Lord FL North of every thing .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be lots of people in the water on the gulf side, and I am sure they are in south fla where water is a lot warmer, but on the east side in central fla there are very few people in the water, still too chilly for most of them.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
There may be lots of people in the water on the gulf side, and I am sure they are in south fla where water is a lot warmer, but on the east side in central fla there are very few people in the water, still too chilly for most of them.
Here in Michigan the ice hasn't left the lakes yet. :icon_sunny:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In Sarasota area they are swimming. I was out in the boat last weekend, and swam to shore and back, no problem. I would say its not yet 80, most likely mid to upper 70s. Probably 77-78? We were at Stump Pass off Englewood. Beaches have been jammed up soild for a month at least. 80 and above is the rule for us around here.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
West Coast Area, Clearwater to Sarasota water temp is about 70 th 72. Weather is getting up to 80. Most of the swimmers are from up north ( Minnisota or Mich ?) if you hunt water for awhile use the shortie.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not many people in the water on the E. coast, but it's a doubledged sword for me... much warmer and the Pompano migrate N. But soon enough the mullet run will be starting.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in SE Fl. ,it depends on if your a polar bear or native. The polar bears are standing it ok, quite a few in the water. A little too chilly for us natives yet. I'm still using a little maryjane wetsuit.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a 50+ year Florida native, about the first day of stone crab season - October 15th, is about the time to get your wet suit out, if not to use it that day. And about the first of May, no wetsuits. Warm enough definetly. I wear a 3 mm until about the beginning of December, when it starts getting below 70s, then I wear a 5mm, and until about March 1st in South Fl, and March 15th up here, and then its 3mm until May 1st. That is for day long diving. Those dates Oct 15th, and May 1st are when it is changing at 80+ degrees. Last weekend it was mid 70s at Englewood, with little wisps of cooler water (that was in Stump Pass) and I didnt have a wetsuit on. I would have worn a wetsuit if I was in the water for more than a minute. We are wimps when it comes to cold water!

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
Miami water is warm, lots of good fishing...good crowds. They are not as packed as like Spring Break was a week ago. But Miami Beach has its regular tourists volume all year round.

There has been a posting or 2 from South Beach. I will be hunting Dania Beach all the way to Key Biscayne on a weekly basis very soon. Im a newbie at this, so i hope i wont dissapoint.

AL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da Miami Monsta said:
I will be hunting Dania Beach all the way to Key Biscayne on a weekly basis very soon. Im a newbie at this, so i hope i wont dissapoint.

AL

Dissapoint heck, you post finding much gold you going to have us mad at you.......LOL :laughing7: Just kidding, wish you all the luck...

Not sure what detector your using but if you have an excal or sovereign gt and have questions give me a shout.....

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
thanks for the link Dave. I'm headed down at the end of the month. Hope it hits around 80!

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
I got a radio shack/bounty hunter for $40 from craigsl. I am going to run this sucker to the ground when I am not fishing. But I am leaning to something I can use at the surf line later this year. Water temps are great all year round down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread