Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Quandary was solved in a couple of seconds....there's no gold to be found on the bathroom floor :laughing7:

Another beautiful sunny day...why spend it on my hands and knees cleaning that old tile floor... got to the beach at noon and hunted for 3 hrs. :headbang:

As I was walking along the dune line in the dry sand with the GT in hand, and taking in the serene view of the ocean, I heard that unmistakable low solid tone, and looked down at the sand to see a gold ring laying right on top of the sand! :o ...Didn't even have to work for that one.

Fully aware that had the GT taken another route ...like a couple of inches to the left or right , and me gazing out at the ocean, I definitely would have missed the ring Careless detecting...won't happen again. ::)

Ring has no stamping inside the band...but tested 12 K with gold test kit.

The key: TECO stands for Timber Engineering Company. Established in 1933, TECO was bought out in 1988. The company did testing on timber for various uses.

Started cleaning the rusty -looking ? tag / ? medallion..was surprised to see a hole at the top of it. :icon_scratch:

Here's a couple of pics.

thanks for looking...now if you 'll excuse me...I have a bathroom floor to wash :hello:

Lorraine

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Beach is more important!!!! The floor will always be there when you get back!!!! LOL Looks like you did good today, that ring is cute, great eyeball find! You had me cracking up with your story, keep it up, I look forward to seeing what you find next!!!! :icon_thumright: :hello: Red

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! WTG :icon_thumright: I agree, MDing is way more fun than cleaning. I always say, "A bad day of MDing is always better than a good day of cleaning toilets." :wink:

HH

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Re: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the bea

Nice, That is how it is done, right place, right time!!!

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!!!!! Hmm, let's see a 12k ring just for the taking? Yup, I'd take that!!!! Great find, even better, how you found it.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Gold girl...You, and Mumzsie are killing us Inlanders on the Gold.....Congrads...

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?

thank you cntrydncr1,

No..it doesn't fit ...too small :(

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the hunt instead of the chores. Glad your using a GT as it won't miss anything if you get the coil near it. I use a leaf blower for dusting. :laughing7:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice eyeball find. That happened to me with a gold chain. I saw about two inches of chain sticking out of the sand ,I ran the detector over it and it would not even pick it up. That was the only gold I found that day and was happy to have it.
Awesome ring by the way. :icon_thumright: Congrats.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well there might be gold on the bathroom floor * in liquid form ;D --yeh the worst day of metal detecting at the beach beats-- the best cleaning up a bathroom floor day , everytime.

ps 12 K is a standard of 50% pure gold -- common in older victorian era times * late 1800's early 1900 era --most modern stuff is either 10 K , 14 K or 18 K :wink:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the gold ring find Lorraine. :thumbsup:
You can clean the bathroom anytime, but you
gotts to hit the beach when the time is right.
WTG...... Gold Nuggets :hello:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
NO CONTEST! Like Gator-Flea said.... the bathroom floor will still be there when you get back but the gold.... nope! Someone else will beat you to it. Don't even waste the time you could be hunting deliberating! GO GET THE GOLD! :wink:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread