Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    3761 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

Quandary was solved in a couple of seconds....there's no gold to be found on the bathroom floor

Another beautiful sunny day...why spend it on my hands and knees cleaning that old tile floor... got to the beach at noon and hunted for 3 hrs.

As I was walking along the dune line in the dry sand with the GT in hand, and taking in the serene view of the ocean, I heard that unmistakable low solid tone, and looked down at the sand to see a gold ring laying right on top of the sand! ...Didn't even have to work for that one.

Fully aware that had the GT taken another route ...like a couple of inches to the left or right , and me gazing out at the ocean, I definitely would have missed the ring Careless detecting...won't happen again.

Ring has no stamping inside the band...but tested 12 K with gold test kit.

The key: TECO stands for Timber Engineering Company. Established in 1933, TECO was bought out in 1988. The company did testing on timber for various uses.

Started cleaning the rusty -looking ? tag / ? medallion..was surprised to see a hole at the top of it.

Here's a couple of pics.

thanks for looking...now if you 'll excuse me...I have a bathroom floor to wash

Lorraine
    Mike70 likes this.
    Quod facis bene fac

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2632 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

Beach is more important!!!! The floor will always be there when you get back!!!! LOL Looks like you did good today, that ring is cute, great eyeball find! You had me cracking up with your story, keep it up, I look forward to seeing what you find next!!!! Red
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Mar 2007
    SW Michigan
    Explorer SE
    534 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the beach?

Nice find! WTG I agree, MDing is way more fun than cleaning. I always say, "A bad day of MDing is always better than a good day of cleaning toilets."

HH
    Listen-- are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?
    - Mary Oliver

May 2008
    Connecticut
    Sand Shark
    29 times

Re: Was in a quandary this morning: clean that bathroom floor or head to the bea

Nice, That is how it is done, right place, right time!!!

us
    Jan 2011
    SW Florida
    Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
    5 times

Great story!!!!! Hmm, let's see a 12k ring just for the taking? Yup, I'd take that!!!! Great find, even better, how you found it.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9871 times

I was gonna say ...... that's not a quandary that's a no brainer!
    Good score on the ring.

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
    764 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?
    Debby

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5406 times
    2019.....Gold rings..101..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 249
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice Gold girl...You, and Mumzsie are killing us Inlanders on the Gold.....Congrads...

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    3761 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by cntrydncr1
    cleaning can ALWAYS wait! congrats on the nice gold Lorraine! Will you wear it?
    thank you cntrydncr1,

No..it doesn't fit ...too small
    Quod facis bene fac

us
    Psalms 23

Oct 2007
    Where the grass is blue
    Bounty Hunter Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    8 times

Bathroom floor will be there when you get back............................
    >IN GOD WE TRUST<

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3972 times

Congrats on the hunt instead of the chores. Glad your using a GT as it won't miss anything if you get the coil near it. I use a leaf blower for dusting.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1495 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Nice eyeball find. That happened to me with a gold chain. I saw about two inches of chain sticking out of the sand ,I ran the detector over it and it would not even pick it up. That was the only gold I found that day and was happy to have it.
    Awesome ring by the way. Congrats.
    God and country.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3343 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

well there might be gold on the bathroom floor * in liquid form --yeh the worst day of metal detecting at the beach beats-- the best cleaning up a bathroom floor day , everytime.

ps 12 K is a standard of 50% pure gold -- common in older victorian era times * late 1800's early 1900 era --most modern stuff is either 10 K , 14 K or 18 K

us
    Apr 2008
    Springfield, Oregon
    Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
    174 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Congratulations on the gold ring find Lorraine.
    You can clean the bathroom anytime, but you
    gotts to hit the beach when the time is right.
    WTG...... Gold Nuggets
    It's amazing just how much treasure people loose and we manage to find.

us
    Sep 2009
    Far, Far Away
    244 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I think you made the right choice.
    Nice finds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links