Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Best" time to sell an Excal?

Hey all....
Still healing up, Phys Therapy going well... Hope to be able to hunt a bit in the next couple weeks...

Anyway, just wondering what opinions are as far as the best time to sell an Excal (Gold Season)?
I have a brand new (sealed in shipping box, never opened) unit that I bought as a backup, but kept it in the box in case I needed to sell it.. With our COBRA insurance premiums whacking us to the tune of $1300/month, needing to sell some stuff...
Saw a unit on "that auction site" that is used, and someone has bid over $1400 for it???? Comes with a few books, so I cannot figure why anyone would bid so much more than retail for a used machine... In Australia, but that shouldnt matter...

Thanks for your opinions!

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: "Best" time to sell an Excal?

I would think now is as good as any. People getting tax refunds (not me), summer is about here, why wait. Put it up and dont have too low of a reserve, since it is new. And let us know when you do it, (even though you cant link here.)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now is probably the best time, Summer is coming, and so are Income Tax refunds.....Good luck.. :icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right now is the best time as everyone is heading to the beaches. I am thinking of selling my Sov GT with the inline probe too since I can hardly hunt the land anymore.(can't get back up) :laughing7:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great to hear from you, hope you are healing up real well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:
Right now is the best time as everyone is heading to the beaches. I am thinking of selling my Sov GT with the inline probe too since I can hardly hunt the land anymore.(can't get back up) :laughing7:
Sandman
How about that CZ-20, lol :tongue3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

COTTON said:
Sandman said:
Sandman
How about that CZ-20, lol :tongue3:
Cotton I will never get rid of the CZ-20. It has paid for itself a few times the same as my Excal and Tiger Shark. I have put silcone sealant over the PP button so it won't go bad and never use PP anyway in the water.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now is the time......Matt

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If you need the money..Then.... anytime is a good time. Probably even more so now, since gold is spiking. We all know that the beaches are saturated with detectorist and finds are fewer, but theirs always someone new out there with delusions of grandeur.

Capitalize on it while you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread