Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You probably aren't going to get an honest answer to this since if someone does have a favorite, they're not going to share it with anybody! 8)

I know from experience those beaches are tough since they're so heavily sanded.

I'd say wait until a storm passes and then hit one as hard as you can.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice try tho.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one with the least sand!!!!!!!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite beach is the one that gives up the gold.....Matt

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all the 1715 fleet treasure sites.

Attachments

• Spanish treasure.jpg
    Spanish treasure.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 791
  • Spanish treasure.jpg
    Spanish treasure.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 805

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
I'm sure the shores of john p.kemp coral reef state park has some good hidden treasures...too bad its a state park. ???

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Gary Drayton said:

That is a rather vulgar display of good fortune and good metal detecting! :headbang:

Great book you put out on the subject. A lot of good tips. I keep finding myself drawn to going back and re-reading it. :thumbsup:

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger54 said:
Gary Drayton said:

That is a rather vulgar display of good fortune and good metal detecting! :headbang:

Great book you put out on the subject. A lot of good tips. I keep finding myself drawn to going back and re-reading it. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your positive feedback , I am happy you like the book. All the finds in this photograph were found at different 1715 fleet sites.
Regards Gary.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the story in that gold/emerald ring... PLEEEEEEASE!!! That thing is amazing to say the least?
You must hunt with a lease or on someone elses lease??

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
It is a great book....I have found a few shipwreck related things since I applied Gary's advice. Having a system makes a difference!

Gary Drayton said:
Digger54 said:
Gary Drayton said:

Thank you for your positive feedback , I am happy you like the book. All the finds in this photograph were found at different 1715 fleet sites.
Regards Gary.

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
I want the story in that gold/emerald ring... PLEEEEEEASE!!! That thing is amazing to say the least?
Have sent you a PM about the 1715 fleet emerald ring Mr Silver Silver, I am a beach treasure hunter and all my Spanish finds were found on the beach. I have a few of my Spanish finds on my website at www.garydrayton.com

Attachments

• 1715 fleet treasure ring .jpg
    1715 fleet treasure ring .jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 645

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand Painter said:
It is a great book....I have found a few shipwreck related things since I applied Gary's advice. Having a system makes a difference!
Thanks Sand Painter, those were some cool little artifacts you found.
Regards Gary.

Gary Drayton said:
Digger54 said:
Gary Drayton said:

Regards Gary.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Gary Drayton said:
Silver Surfer said:
Have sent you a PM about the 1715 fleet emerald ring Mr Silver Silver, I am a beach treasure hunter and all my Spanish finds were found on the beach. I have a few of my Spanish finds on my website at www.garydrayton.com

Man, that is really something else. It's amazing you found this on the beach? Beautiful piece of Spanish Fleet jewelry. Makes you wonder who owned this ring, royalty? Was it taken by pirates from traveling royalty? I do wonder how they were able to make such finished/intricate cuts on those precious stones way back then, but then again how did so many things get accomplished as it did back so many years. Man I love history and the amazing things that were accomplished with so little to work with.

Thanks, Bobby

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Gary Drayton said:
Silver Surfer said:

I'm sure this has all been said before, but somethings are just worth repeating.

I just showed my wife this gorgeous (lost for words to describe) ring . I'm no jewelry nut but I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful then this ring. :notworthy:

This is the dream that keeps us out there hunting.

Talk about a mans moment of fame. Congratulations, you'll be a life time beating this one. :headbang: Rick:IL

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
Rick...Check out Gary's Book. He is a part time hunter who is extremely effective at using his time. He has a chapter Called ROI where he explains maximizing time and effort. He has a very unique approach to treasure hunting and has two treasure rings to back up his tactics and approach.

"Talk about a mans moment of fame. Congratulations, you'll be a life time beating this one. :headbang: Rick:IL"

Attachments

• PhotofromDetecting.jpg
    PhotofromDetecting.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 535

h2ojunkie

Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Excal II, DF
Incredible ring. Even more amazing when you think of it...is how something made of 22K could hold up for 300 years with every stone intact in an area prone to the most severe hurricanes every year ???

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT said:
Gary Drayton said:
Silver Surfer said:

Man, that is really something else. It's amazing you found this on the beach? Beautiful piece of Spanish Fleet jewelry. Makes you wonder who owned this ring, royalty? Was it taken by pirates from traveling royalty? I do wonder how they were able to make such finished/intricate cuts on those precious stones way back then, but then again how did so many things get accomplished as it did back so many years. Man I love history and the amazing things that were accomplished with so little to work with.

Thanks, Bobby

Not sure if the emerald treasure ring was made for royalty, cargo or a personal possession of some wealthy passenger. I do know my princess (wife) was the first person to wear the ring in nearly 300 years. I will never forget the morning I reached into that hole on the beach and tugged the gold band and turned the ring over. That emerald and gold sparkling in the Florida sunshine is the stuff of detecting dreams.
Gary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread