Cape May NJ

C

Chuck The PC

I am new to the MD world so to speak. I will be in Cape May in three weeks and would like to know of any areas known for finding old coins. When I was talking to people on the Deleware/MD area two years ago they were giving directions in the terms of "second electric pole past Indian river bridge." (Please don't quote that direction, I don't recall the exact details). Should I just go out to any beach that iMD is permitted or is there an area that has a reputation for finds? I have since purchased an XLT, althought it is not the best for the beach I think I can somehow make it work better than the what I had before. On that matter, what adjustments are the most benificial......pre-amp gain, tracking offset.... I am just taking a guess at this moment.

As for this weekend, I have a good location to scout and seek permission. An old grove in central PA, that I am most certain that it has not seen many detectors. I'm not keen on the 95 degrees, I work in it so I can play in it.

Upvote 0

mckinney01

Jan 18, 2006
Sewickley Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT./ Detectorpro HH PI../Excalibur 2
Chuck,
I have an xlt and it does very good in dry sand and waters edge.
just dont go deeper than the coil thats for sure... and if you do DONT tilt the detector coil up
in case you have some water in the lower rod... it will run up to the control box... and bye bye xlt...
here's a site for some custom programs great site for xlt user's
http://66.51.97.78/jb/programm.html

mckinney01

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions