lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Went back to the beach that I hunted yesterday....lots of area still to cover, but I'm gettin' there.

Found the usual sinkers, a "mystery" coin, and an interesting ( I think) medallion ? Egyptian ? Indian ? Mexican origin

Any help with ID'ing would be appreciated

Also found another old spoon...misplaced it at present; :-[ will post pic later if I can find it

Soaking the medallion now..will post a cleaned up pic later.

Here's pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Here's the medallion cleaned and shined...it weighs 30.76 grams.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Nice finds and the "old" beach still has more to give.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:

NICE! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Mystery coin: hmmm..maybe a Merc?

Medallion, looks possibly African.

I LIKE your beach!

HH Joe

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

OHhhhhh Myyyyy!!!! Gold medalian I assume.?.? By the looks of it possibly quite old. That is awesome. Never saw anything like it. I Googled a few ideas, but nothing came up like that. Good luck on your hunt. Depending on what you have there it may be a "Banner Find". Good Hunt, Ralph

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

DrJoePrime said:
NICE! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

"Mystery coin: hmmm..maybe a Merc?"

DrJoePrime...you have acute vision...you are correct ; it cleaned up as a 1927 "merc"

Here's a pic; difficult to see the date, but it was more visible through the tarnish prior to electrolysis.
It is another "merc" ruined by the briny ocean, but I love finding these old coins.

Lorraine

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

petersra said:
OHhhhhh Myyyyy!!!! Gold medalian I assume.?.? By the looks of it possibly quite old. That is awesome. Never saw anything like it. I Googled a few ideas, but nothing came up like that. Good luck on your hunt. Depending on what you have there it may be a "Banner Find". Good Hunt, Ralph

Wish it was gold, Ralph.... but I believe it is brass. Next time... :icon_sunny:

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This Medallion look like African to me.
Congrats for the nice finds. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those are aliens!!! :o i been watchin that ancient alien show and the alien on top is clearly wearing a helmet!!!! :laughing7:

very cool find!!!!!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

My vote for the medallion is also African or perhaps Siamese (because of the hand positions). Whatever it is it was a great find!

And it cleaned up real good! As usual you do a great job!

creeker42

Jan 13, 2008
Connecticut shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
White" M6

Great finds Lorraine :hello2: That old beach has been treating you good. I always look forward to seeing your finds. Makes me real itchy to be out there swinging, but my Doc says I have to wait till May. :( Maybe I'll see you and Hank out there this summer. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Ed

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

creeker42 said:
Great finds Lorraine :hello2: That old beach has been treating you good. I always look forward to seeing your finds. Makes me real itchy to be out there swinging, but my Doc says I have to wait till May. :( Maybe I'll see you and Hank out there this summer. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Ed

It would be nice to meet up with you at the beaches this summer, Ed...take care

Lorraine

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Medallion looks to be bronze or something similar..how heavy is it ?

Nice take

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seeker41 said:
those are aliens!!! :o i been watchin that ancient alien show and the alien on top is clearly wearing a helmet!!!! :laughing7:

very cool find!!!!!
Yes this is true as evidenced by the gross and distorted display of genetalia, the jointless appendages, as well as the juxtaposition of said figures, clearly they are alien type creatures. Good eye seeker41 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

rockyredbaron said:
Medallion looks to be bronze or something similar..how heavy is it ?

Nice take

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

It weighs 30.76 grams...must have felt like an anchor around someone's neck :icon_sunny:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:icon_thumleft: WTG Lorraine!!! You always seem to find the most interesting stuff, the pendant is so cool and totally rocks, it is definately african, be interesting to know what the history is on it!!! :icon_thumright: Thanks for sharing and HH!!!!! Red :headbang:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:

lorraine said:
DrJoePrime...you have acute vision...you are correct ; it cleaned up as a 1927 "merc"

You think my vision is cute? ... you ought to see the rest of me. :wink:

Oh if that medallion was Gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions