Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALLY cleared to hunt again this week.... Hit it yesterday for 2 hrs (all I can do even in water) and again today from 3:15 to 4:45 and found 4 rings yesterday, the two pictured (both 14k and the ruby one is OLD), one signet silver, and one titanium spinner (fits my pinky) plus $3.85 in clad to include a "One Dime" dime dated 1902.. But it is too worn down to be of any value...
Hit a different spot today that "the little voice" told me to hit, and hadn't gone 10 ft into the water and hit a very broken low tone... That was the bracelet, stamped 417 on each end, along with "Made Italy", and the clasp is stamped "10k"... You can see the weight... $300+ payday just today!!
Also found the other chain, which I knew was plated by the corrosion, and it is stamped "24k GL"... Might be worth a few bucks melt... Both days combined I may have found 10 or so tabs/junk, which was really nice too.. Didnt bother to take a pic of that, left it in the garbage on the way home..
What a way to make a comeback, eh?? I have sure been blessed in this "hobby", and lord knows the money helps so much..
My son graduates on the 4th of June, and I was wondering how I could swing the ticket (Oregon), but now I have no worries!!

Best to you all, and good luck hunting!

Attachments

• 04-19-11 rings.jpg
    04-19-11 rings.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 697
  • 04-20-11 finds.jpg
    04-20-11 finds.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 701
  • bracelet 1.jpg
    bracelet 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 698
  • bracelet 2.jpg
    bracelet 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 702
Upvote 0

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Silver Surfer,

Glad your back to hunting. What a way to make up for lost time. Great amount of loot for your efforts.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome to see your back at it, a little soon isn't it? nice finds for two hours!!!!!!!!!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Welcome back to the hunt!! I am glad the Lord is blessing you. He knows what you need more than you do. Blessings, Ralph

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Which detector do you find yourself swinging the most? The DF or the Excal?

Would love to hear your opinion of your choice.

You sure do well!!! Wish I could get out more!
I should be grateful I am busy in work.

I know I will be living somewhere close to the water when I retire that is for sure!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
WOW! SS...you sure cleaned up ! :headbang: Nice haul!

I love that "Jesus" ring...it is beautiful!

Keep 'em comin'

glad you are back to the beaches

Lorraine

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! Glad to hear you will see the graduation. Bring your detector when you go! lol

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker41 said:
awesome to see your back at it, a little soon isn't it? nice finds for two hours!!!!!!!!!
Not for me! LOL.... Only hunting water, smooth water, and only 2 hrs at a time max.... But man did I forget how NICE it is to be in warm water on a beautiful day!! Talk about peaceful..

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA John said:
Which detector do you find yourself swinging the most? The DF or the Excal?

Would love to hear your opinion of your choice.

You sure do well!!! Wish I could get out more!
I should be grateful I am busy in work.

I know I will be living somewhere close to the water when I retire that is for sure!!
I sold the PI back in December.... I know I would find a lot more gold if I still had it, but I just couldnt dig that much (or deep), thats why I sold it... The spot I found that old dime (I will post a pic later) would surely give up more gold since the PI would go almost twice as deep (IMHO) as the Excal, but the area is also laden with iron so I would be digging every foot or two.. I wouldnt be able to hunt more than 30 min with it I am sure...
Just using the old Excal II.....
The tiny chain was just a broken whisper of a tone (since it only sees one link) and almost didnt dig it, but the big bracelet, although a loud tone, was also a broken tone, so after digging that, I couldnt ignore any "broken" tone..
The huge bracelet I found over a year ago (with Snooksion) must have been balled up, because I remember the tone on it being low and solid... This bracelet must have been stretched out due to the very broken but low tone I got with it.. Also noticed that sweeping one way gave only a slight crackle, but the opposite way gave a long, broken tone.. I assume it was due to it laying stretched out..
I have quite a pile of gold to send in now, cant wait to see that check.... ;-)

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wildman4910 said:
Welcome back, and WoW what a honey hole!! :notworthy:

Actually two different spots.... The bracelet (and earring) came from a spot I havent hunted since last fall, and the area was nearly void of targets.... Found 5 coins, 4 pop tabs, and two bottle caps.. 3 small pieces of aluminum, the earring, and the bracelet.. All in less than 2 hrs hunting... It also gets hit by other hunters, so I just got lucky and hit it at the right time...

Thanks to all for the encouraging words... Good luck hunting!

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to invest in a discrimination unit for the Iron beaches!
I like the Dual Field a lot but it has been posted here in other places that if you are in an iron laden place it is frustrating, digging iron and not gold! Going to get another unit after I sell off some of my others, not sure what yet.

I don't get much time to hunt and I want it to be productive as it can be.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions: