SAND SUCKER

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the Jimmy Sierra web site and got the last sand sucker. Tried it at Leo Carrillo Beach. It works ok but I was wondering if any of you have one or tried it in deeper water. I only cruised the surf line. Wet sand. Got a lot of junk Happy Hunting. Pete AKA Gold Fever Pete

Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How about a link so we know what you are talking about. A pictures is worth a thousand words.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Well I looked and looked and couldn't locate a Sand Sucker on that site.

HH Joe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da Sand Crab said:
DrJoePrime said:
Well I looked and looked and couldn't locate a Sand Sucker on that site.

HH Joe

Maybe I'm just a "sucker" but I looked and looked and found nothing also. :dontknow:

Here is a link to the page it is on, personally I can't get the link for the SS to open so I can read anything about it, I just get the small picture... http://www.jimmysierra.com/tools_menuC.html

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OK, I give up...what's it suppose to do? Is it some kind of a digger? If so, how do you stay on target in moving surf or current? It looks more like a crevicing tool use in streams for nugget hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can Slaw said:
OK, I give up...what's it suppose to do? Is it some kind of a digger? If so, how do you stay on target in moving surf or current? It looks more like a crevicing tool use in streams for nugget hunting.

That is also what I thought, looks more like it is used for nugget hunting...........

tabjunkie

Greenie
Aug 22, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,at pro,ace250
I found a tidbit on this. Says "Great for beach and wet sand. Digs 8" plug so no need to bend over and
dig. Thought that was what sand scoops were for.
-Jay

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is wrong with just a regular beach scoop......?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,395398.0.html

there are other kinds

alum

s/s

diamond shaped.......round............5" ...6"......alum and s/s or........sunspot stealt...........kellyco beachbrute.

the new style magnum u see in video.........scoops unlimited has scoops

most any kind your heart desires are out there........this sucker job.........i wonder........j m h o

have fun is the best part.......where sun block.........carry nitro pills

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He must have taken it off his list of tools. He said I bought the last one. To better describe it. It is about 4 ft tall metal tube that has a handle with a small hole at the top. The tube continues down to a bigger tube that almost looks like a plugger. It is 6 inches wide and 8 inches long. You step on it after targeting your find, pushing it even with the ground. Put your thumb over the hole on top and pull. It will pull out a section of sand. then move to dryer land releease your thumb from the hole and the sand will fall out along with your find. Sounded good to me so I got one. I just wondered if any of you had one so I could compare notes. I do know that if you are a fisherman and want to use either sand crabs or sand shrimp, it will pull them up too. When I lived in Oregon I fished a lot at the beach at Tillamook. I had what they called a shrimp gun. It really worked for getting the shrimp up. Just thought this might work for detecting.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you well with that, I think I'll stick to my scoop.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Sounds interesting but I have a feeling it doesn't work too well.

Wonder why he took it off his list ::)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it would be okay on dry land, wouldn't work well in the water at the beach though.......A scoop is a lot quicker and easier to use..

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That answers "will it work in deeper water?.....I don't think so. Running in and out of the water to check you find is going to waste a lot of time, not alone your energy. I think I will stick with a scoop and with sand filled with shells, a sifter as well.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You would be better off using a sand screw from the old days........Got a pic some where around here........excellent in ruff current, gives you something to brace for the big ones, targets are forced thur the screw to be stopped by the screen on the sides or top, while the sand passes thur..only good for soft sand, notice the small lever on the handle that closes the trap door so your treasure does not fall out.....

Attachments

• sandscrew.jpg
    sandscrew.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 540

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions