Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2010
    116 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

SAND SUCKER

I went to the Jimmy Sierra web site and got the last sand sucker. Tried it at Leo Carrillo Beach. It works ok but I was wondering if any of you have one or tried it in deeper water. I only cruised the surf line. Wet sand. Got a lot of junk Happy Hunting. Pete AKA Gold Fever Pete

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: SAND SUCKER

How about a link so we know what you are talking about. A pictures is worth a thousand words.

us
    Jun 2010
    116 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    698 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Well I looked and looked and couldn't locate a Sand Sucker on that site.

HH Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    Sep 2009
    Hawaiian Islands
    97 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJoePrime

HH Joe
    Maybe I'm just a "sucker" but I looked and looked and found nothing also.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8367 times

Quote Originally Posted by Da Sand Crab
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJoePrime

HH Joe
    Maybe I'm just a "sucker" but I looked and looked and found nothing also.
    Here is a link to the page it is on, personally I can't get the link for the SS to open so I can read anything about it, I just get the small picture... http://www.jimmysierra.com/tools_menuC.html

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    45 times

OK, I give up...what's it suppose to do? Is it some kind of a digger? If so, how do you stay on target in moving surf or current? It looks more like a crevicing tool use in streams for nugget hunting.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8367 times

Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    OK, I give up...what's it suppose to do? Is it some kind of a digger? If so, how do you stay on target in moving surf or current? It looks more like a crevicing tool use in streams for nugget hunting.
    That is also what I thought, looks more like it is used for nugget hunting...........

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Aug 2010
    Delaware
    whites dfx,at pro,ace250

I found a tidbit on this. Says "Great for beach and wet sand. Digs 8" plug so no need to bend over and
    dig. Thought that was what sand scoops were for.
    -Jay

us
    Nov 2005
    va beach, va
    se pro, excal. II, xterra 705
    389 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

what is wrong with just a regular beach scoop......?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,395398.0.html

there are other kinds

alum

s/s

diamond shaped.......round............5" ...6"......alum and s/s or........sunspot stealt...........kellyco beachbrute.

the new style magnum u see in video.........scoops unlimited has scoops

most any kind your heart desires are out there........this sucker job.........i wonder........j m h o

have fun is the best part.......where sun block.........carry nitro pills
    <")))))<>(

us
    Jun 2010
    116 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

He must have taken it off his list of tools. He said I bought the last one. To better describe it. It is about 4 ft tall metal tube that has a handle with a small hole at the top. The tube continues down to a bigger tube that almost looks like a plugger. It is 6 inches wide and 8 inches long. You step on it after targeting your find, pushing it even with the ground. Put your thumb over the hole on top and pull. It will pull out a section of sand. then move to dryer land releease your thumb from the hole and the sand will fall out along with your find. Sounded good to me so I got one. I just wondered if any of you had one so I could compare notes. I do know that if you are a fisherman and want to use either sand crabs or sand shrimp, it will pull them up too. When I lived in Oregon I fished a lot at the beach at Tillamook. I had what they called a shrimp gun. It really worked for getting the shrimp up. Just thought this might work for detecting.

us
    Jan 2009
    E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
    35 times

I wish you well with that, I think I'll stick to my scoop.
    Let's keep it positive

us
    PA John

Nov 2008
    York, PA
    Teknetics T2, Whites 6000 Series 2, Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro, ProPointer
    26 times
    Metal Detecting

Sounds interesting but I have a feeling it doesn't work too well.

Wonder why he took it off his list

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    8367 times

I guess it would be okay on dry land, wouldn't work well in the water at the beach though.......A scoop is a lot quicker and easier to use..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    45 times

That answers "will it work in deeper water?.....I don't think so. Running in and out of the water to check you find is going to waste a lot of time, not alone your energy. I think I will stick with a scoop and with sand filled with shells, a sifter as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors