Credit Card

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went out early this morning to hunt even though we had a small storm pass through our area during the night. It was slightly overcast but didn't look like it was going to rain. In fact it looked like it was clearing up. I found a few coins - very few and no jewelry at all. This is getting to be regular hunt for me but.... I did get a hit and was totally surprised when I brought it up. It was a Platinium Credit Card! I didn't know those things would cause my detector to sound off! I figured I would do the "right" thing when I got home and try to find the owner.

CreditCard042911a.jpg

I had my usual encounter with the manatees this morning. A pod of three came around me but not right up to me like yesterday. Oh whoops.... I didn't post that encounter. These just checked me out by swimming around me and then went on their way. Yesterday, while I was hunting, one manatee came up to me, nudged me and then decided my shirt looked good enough to eat and proceeded to nibble my shirt. LOL I call this one "Big Boy". I have no idea if it is a he or a she but I've always called him "Big Boy". I don't even know if this is the same one I usually see but he swims alone. When I see it I usually say "Good morning Big Boy, how are you this morning?" He never answers me but likes to check me and my equipment out by using his flippers. Yesterday he put his flippers around my scoop handle and I told him "No, you can't have that" OK I am a silly old lady who talks to manatees! :wink:

Oh yeah, the credit card. When I got home and looked it over I realized I didn't have to go to the trouble of trying to find the owner. It expired in '09. ;D But I learned something this morning. Credit Cards DO have some kind of metal in them. What a surprise.

Well, still no earth shattering finds for me but then I rarely go anywhere else so......... that is the way of it. I enjoy seeing "your" finds sooooooo go get em! :wink:

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most likely it was the "magnetic strip" on the card that caused a reaction with your your detector :wink:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
love when the manatees come around too. Last night at my club meeting here I was not happy to hear of all the shark encounters they have had over the years. I think I'm gonna be a little more leery of the water now...

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
cntrydncr1 said:
love when the manatees come around too. Last night at my club meeting here I was not happy to hear of all the shark encounters they have had over the years. I think I'm gonna be a little more leery of the water now...

EXACTLY! I have been hearing more and more stories from down here too. I used to go up to my neck in the Gulf but now I am too leery of doing that anymore. I still go up to my chest but don't stay out there for very long. There are so many guys that hunt at night out there and THAT would scare me to death! Not for me! They tell me the sharks won't hurt me but..... I SAW JAWS! ::) To be really honest I don't hunt the Gulf as much anymore either. Just can't get my body to get out there. Ah well I still enjoy seeing all the great finds that others make.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions