Saturday

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Got a signal on this clump of rock/coral. At closer inspection I saw half of a ring.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be only half of a ring stuck to a blob of rusted metal.
Probably stainless steel. Exciting to chip away at the clump to see what would appear.

Oh yeah, I also got my first gold bracelet. ;D ;D ;D ;
I have found many silver one's but this is a first.
It is a hand carved Hawaiian heirloom style.
14k at 16.1 grams.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 396
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 413
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Da Sand Crab said:
Got a signal on this clump of rock/coral. At closer inspection I saw half of a ring.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be only half of a ring stuck to a blob of rusted metal.
Probably stainless steel. Exciting to chip away at the clump to see what would appear.

Oh yeah, I also got my first gold bracelet. ;D ;D ;D ;
I have found many silver one's but this is a first.
It is a hand carved Hawaiian heirloom style.
14k at 16.1 grams.

Congratulations on that Beautiful 14k Bracelet. :hello2:

Would love to find one like that only problem is the Mrs. would have that sucked up so fast it would sound like a cherry passing through a straw. If a gold find isn't a absolute twisted broken Piece I would never hear a jingles in the pocket. Kind of hard to get a return on your investment with a wife like mine.

Keep the finds and pictures coming. Nice to see others doing so well. Rick :coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bracelet there. I've never seen a ring eaten away like that one.

Having a wife the suckes up all the jewelry is not a return on the investment for selling it, but it sure helps if you want a new detector that finds more gold jewelry for her. It gets you out of a lot of chores too as she'd rather you go hunting.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Dude thats a great bracelet. And I'd say that ring's been down there awhile huh? Congrats.

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You worked hard for uncovering that ring! Ah the fun of it all...... The bracelet is kewl I'm sure the wife will love it, but you never know....might not be her style....there is always that, then it would be yours to cash in.

Joy

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Actually times are pretty tough financially so everything is being liquidated as found.
The wife does have her stash of selected goodies and she is satisfied with that.
And yes, we must always keep the detectors up and running.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold bracelet. Better to find half a ring than half a finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread