Pretty little silver earring today...and an old railroad token

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautiful sunny , mild day at the beach...some people were in the water already! :o

Hunted the wet sand slope following the tide out while Hank was busy watching Bubba Watson win another tournament :hello2:

Apologies ...I am just learning a new photo program so there will be multiple pics where I usually crop and paste together..still learning that one at present :read2:

Earring gave off a nice high sound , was about 6" down in the wet sand; was thickly tarnished..cleaned it with Tarn-X and baking soda; it has a foreign stamping on it; tested + for silver with acid kit.

Token is "New Haven Railroad" on one side; "compliments of the dining service" on the other.I think the token is from the early 1900's..not sure , though.

Here's a little bit of info I found about this token-also pics of what the token looked like once upon a time:
Dining Car Token #1 [-]

(08/08/05 04:14:43)
More
My Recent Posts As indicated in my recent book on the New Haven Railroad's dining car service, "Dining on the Shore Line Route" ( available through the NHRHTA see the book list at http://www.nhrhta.org/ ), the aluminum tokens were distributed as a promotion when the original grill cars and rebuilt "Colonial Diners" were new. The tokens could be kept as souvenir "pocket pieces" or redeemed on the next trip for a free cup of coffee.

Here's pics

thanks for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF0306.JPG
    DSCF0306.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCF0307.JPG
    DSCF0307.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF0303.JPG
    DSCF0303.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCF0304.JPG
    DSCF0304.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_3691.jpg
    IMG_3691.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Really enjoy your relics Lorraine. Nice finds.

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread