5/8/2011 Some silver.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gold for me today but was a fun.
Spend 4 hr. in the water.
5701815307_a9f456f36b_z.jpg
5702385936_5f4db04fa7_z.jpg

5702385728_dc7a24fee0_z.jpg
5701815993_3265f265d9_z.jpg

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great finds for four hours! :hello2: not educated on an aquasound detector. What can you tell me about it? ???

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll let The Bulgarian tell about it, but I do know they are a custom built TR (2 coils together that 1 transmits-the other recieves, unlike a PI that does both on one coil) detector, like the Tesoro Sting Ray is, but with much more power, and tuning. Apparently a whole lot of power. There is a very limited amount of them, since they are custom made. Mr Gold is the builder. Oh, by the way-Nice day!!!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Ahhhh, No Gold... I am surprised :'( Up here the "golden beach sand" has a whole lot of sand in it and not much gold..... I haven't seen gold in over a month and that was less than 1 gram. Bad economy, cheap jewelry. Maybe the economy will improve soon...... :icon_pirat: You did well Nicklay for a 4 hour hunt. Better luck next time. Ralph

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Looks like you did OK to me. Lots of coins and some nice Silver rings. Lots of digs. If it ever gets warm enough around here to get in the water, I'd take a day like that. Rick

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks Stevemc. I will have to do a little research on the aquasound.I am always looking for that machine that can get just a little more than the rest. Hope you find gold on your next day out :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
The Bulgarian

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
Great finds for four hours! :hello2: not educated on an aquasound detector. What can you tell me about it? ???
Hello mate.
"The Aquasound was designed for the serious treasure hunter. The Aquasound has state of the art circuits. The Aquasound may possibly be the highest performance salt water detector ever made. It is especially designed to respond to gold metal objects at unheard of depths. The heart of the Aquasound is the PENTAGON COIL WINDINGS. Anyone can learn how to operate this detector fast and effectively. THE Aquasound only has two controls that adjust the COIL, to the environment and temperature. This allows you to set the coil to its peak performance fast, so you can start hunting quickly. The basic design of the Aquasound is a "motion" TR (transmit receive) detector, meaning that the search coil must be kept in motion to detect metal. The motion required for the Aquasound it designed for maximum performance at any comfortable sweep speed. On most targets, you'll be able to almost completely stop the search coil in order to pinpoint the target. The Aquasound features another important advancement in metal detector technology; it has a very stable "threshold tone". That is precisely tuned to a very slight audio tone. The tone is not annoying, or difficult to maintain near salt water, unlike many other detectors. Thus the operator can hear very faint signals of small or deep targets, also many gold rings are missed this way. The Aquasound allows the operator to hear a very stable threshold tone for maximum sensitivity".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread