Westchester to Long Island- Wanna Go?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking for fellow beach hunters living near White Plains, New York, who would like to split gas and tolls to Jones Beach and Robert Moses State Parks on Long Island. I go several times per week, and my roundtrip cost is aproximately $35.00, so $15.00 buys you a roundtrip ticket door-to-door. [email protected]

Upvote 0

charlieg

Apr 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Have you tried Rye Beach/Playland? Or those in New Rochelle-don't know if MDing is allowed.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
charlieg said:
Have you tried Rye Beach/Playland? Or those in New Rochelle-don't know if MDing is allowed.

Hi Charlie! Yes, I have detected at Playland and Rye in the off-season with a Garrett Ace 250 in the dry sand several years ago, but have not been back since getting the new Sand Shark. Never been to the New Rochelle beaches. Honestly though, the beach in Rye is so small compared to Field 2 or 6 at at Jones, and the amount of "treasure" to be found is just no comparison. Are you in the area? Where do you go? - Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread