Detector(s) used
Dual Field
Sand Shark
E trac
Excal 2
Sov GT
Tek G2
Tejon
Im new to the water hunting scene and its hard to get used to getting a unit wet. I know its made for it but after I get home from beach I give unit and scoop a fresh water hose down then towel dry the detector and hang it up side down in a small walk in closet with a dehumidifier going. Am I crazy???

Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

I think it never hurts to take care of your belongings. No different than hosing off your boat when you come in from fishing

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I would worry about using the d.h to much and drying out the seals but thats just me.
I do wash it off with a hose and let it air dry.
drewan

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hose mine off or shower it off depending on the location and put it up..... I also would stop using the DH.....

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All that is needed is a fresh water wash down and air dry. Do not use a dehumidifier that can cause condensation when you use the detector in the water, along with possibly drying the seals out. My detectors live in a humid garage and not one has failed in 16 years, not even the land machines.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Both my scoop and the WP parts of my MD get the hose treatment when I get home from the beach.

~~Happy Hunting~~

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hose down my equipment with fresh water. It keeps the salt and sand from building under the controls.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It depends. If I am in fresh water...I usually don't do anything but rinse the sand off. Salt water is different. Best to rinse off the salt...real good. My scoops stainless...so I don't rinse that at all. Wetsuit will get a rinse also if its been in salt water. HH -Joe

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allways rinse the machine and scoop at the beach shower, the coating on the shaft of my p.i has begun to blister with salt water . also keeps sand out of the car!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread