5-16 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice day for a hunt! Temps in the upper 70's with a nice breeze off of the gulf.

I hunted from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Surf was at about 4 ft or so which ruled out a water hunt. So the Sov GT w/WOT coil was my weapon of choice for the wet sand.

A majority of the coins came from the wet.

Not a bad hunt.

60 coins= $ 4.96 & 1 Chuck E Cheese token
012.JPG

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie, you did very well in the wet sand :headbang:

I wish you continued success at the beaches.

I use a 10" on the GT...have considered purchasing a WOT, but am concerned about the added weight....is the WOT significantly heavier to swing?

Lorraine

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain. said:
Willie, you did very well in the wet sand :headbang:

I wish you continued success at the beaches.

I use a 10" on the GT...have considered purchasing a WOT, but am concerned about the added weight....is the WOT significantly heavier to swing?

Lorraine
Thank you Lorraine. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of targets in the wet sand. Of course, the winds pushing the surf onshore and extending the wet sand zone probably helped.

I can't say that I noticed a huge difference in weight. I started using a homemade bungee set up with the 10" coil before adding the WOT. I made a minor adjustment on the bungee without missing a beat. I wouldn't swing the WOT without a bungee setup.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Good day of hunting. Fresh air, sunshine, and good exercise.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les West Central Fl said:
You got lots of targets, surf was rough.
search and recovery said:
Good day of hunting. Fresh air, sunshine, and good exercise.
:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread