Wire; Pulltabs; Clad and a Ring - Sort of!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left the house this morning at 3:50am, and arrived at Jones Beach on Long Island at 5:00am, and a very dense fog. Hunted the knee-high surf and waterline from Field 6, south to the Water Tower and back, which took 4.5-hours of swinging. Disappointed would be an understatement. Seventeen-cents, and a child's toy ring? I know I will get my first ticket because I'm working for it, but I really thought today was the day. Hit low tide perfectly, just didn't happen today. Well - Next Time!

Attachments

• 52111.jpg
    52111.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good side of it is you got to go out and get exercise and enjoy the hobby.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, your time is coming! Looks like a Toe ring -- and that popper lure looks antique. Nice!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank's Les and DG! I must say I did have a great time, and I am proud of myself for having the stamina to detect four-hours straight in the knee-high surf. It took me a while to bag my first gold nugget, so I don't expect this to be any easier. It makes me so crazy when I see you old hands pulling silver and gold so often - I just know I am going to punch my ticket soon! Thank's again for the posts and encouragement!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, that looks like a toe ring, and maybe silver. Soak it in some Tarn-X, and clean it with baking soda.... see if the crusting comes off. :dontknow:

Same conditions on this side of L I ; hunted for 2 hrs. and found much less than did you. :(

Good luck on your next hunt :icon_sunny:

Lorraine

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much Lorraine! I did take tour advice, but it is not silver. It will however, always be my first "Jones Beach Ring," so I have no place to go but up! Have you, or any of you other Long Island Sound hunters, ever hunted the beach at Sherwood Island? Thought about maybe hunting there, or up by Milford. - T

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Keep plugging away Terry. Gold will come. Just listen for those soft weak signals. That will be the gold.most importantly, have fun! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
search and recovery said:
Keep plugging away Terry. Gold will come. Just listen for those soft weak signals. That will be the gold.most importantly, have fun! :icon_thumleft:

Thank's so much S&R! Everyone's words of encouragement - and all the great finds posted, really keep me pumped. My wife is an RN at a local hospital, and it looks like we are going to string a couple of days off together - very rare! Beach House on Long Island Sound in Connecticut - here we come! I am going to hunt the bajeebers out of the public and private beach for two-days! Might even have a Grandchild or two help me dig a little. Should have some finds to post by the end of the week. Fingers - and toes crossed!

P

pastorals

Terry, every time you post about Jones Beach it brings back a lot of memories. I grew up on the island and we used to have the greatest all night beach parties on Jones Beach. I would imagine that is outlawed by now....too bad.

Thanks for the reminder.

Alan

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pastorals said:
Terry, every time you post about Jones Beach it brings back a lot of memories. I grew up on the island and we used to have the greatest all night beach parties on Jones Beach. I would imagine that is outlawed by now....too bad.

Thanks for the reminder.

Alan

Here is a shot from last week for you Alan! You can check out a few more here http://www.terrysoloman.com/id18.html Sharks chased us out of the waist-deep water on Wednesday!

Attachments

• bunksforum.jpg
    bunksforum.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 189

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt Terry, as soon as that water gets warmer you will be seeing gold for sure..like the web page also..............joe

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OldeBeechnut said:
Nice hunt Terry, as soon as that water gets warmer you will be seeing gold for sure..like the web page also..............joe

Hey, :hello: Thanks Joe! :icon_thumleft: Can't wait to get out of the waders! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread