GOLD COINS ON BEACH

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that I have your attention! I will be traveling from MO to FL arriving October 24, departing October 29 and plan to detect beaches from St. Pete's to Naples and South Miami to West Palm. I detect with a Excalibur 800 and can spend hours in 4 foot of water on the atlantic side letting the surf beat the pulp out of me and still can't get enough! I'm a certified diver (NASDS). I'd like to meet up with a serious minded treasure hunter, to detect beaches & shallow water together this October. Goal is to eventially team-up with someone to dive off the coast, and detect beaches during hurricanes. My wife and I are planning to semi-retire to FL (Naples area) within the next 3 years. I have 35 years of detecting experience. My first metal detector was a 1970 Relco Frontiersman (still have it). Just drop me an email for reply.

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ric, Ric, Ric. I live in NY when I see gold coins on beach I get very excited. Very good way to get attention. Welcome to TN I'm sure you will get allot of replies from the good folk here. Good luck on your adventure, find some gold (or silver) coins and post pics.

kenb

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Hey Rick: Might be better to relocate in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Tampa Bay is loaded with salvage. One enterprising chap, bought a open fisherman and a tow fish and dragged it up and down the Gulf coast. He found a unknown galleon with a small quantity of gold and silver specie. Somewhere in Tampa Bay is a bronze propellor that came off a freighter. What's 10 tons of bronze worth? During World War 2, Tampa Bay was the choice of low level bombing with B-25's. Old saying then was One a Day in Tampa Bay. Area around Ballast Point is an ancient reef that produces jewelry quality black coral from time to time. Certain areas offshore produce handfuls of gold rings if you know where to look. There is a area accessible from Tampa Bay that legend states is a large cache of silver bars dumped by some unknown pirate.
With the price of gas and diesel perhaps a better choice of salvage craft would be a small sloop sailboat.
Contact Taffi Fisher at the Fisher Museum and see if any of the treasure salvage boats will let you spend some of your vacation with them. They use to.
I currently live in central Florida west of Orlando and have many water sites in fresh water from sunken Italian marble to 7 croaker sacks of tokens. I'm not certified SCUBA just a hookha diver.
Keep me in mind when you retire.

Harry

JimboSmith

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm from Missouri and I will be going to Orlando next week and I was just wondering if there is any places down in that area to pan for gold.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Hey guys I'm from Missouri and I will be going to Orlando next week and I was just wondering if there is any places down in that area to pan for gold.
The closest place to Florida that I know of is Dahlonega, Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta. Dahlonega is the site of the first major gold rush in the US. In fact, the slogan, "There's gold in them their hills." was first used in Georgia by those who wanted to keep the gold prospectors from going west during the 1849 gold rush in California. HH, Papa

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest place to Florida that I know of is Dahlonega, Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta. Dahlonega is the site of the first major gold rush in the US. In fact, the slogan, "There's gold in them their hills." was first used in Georgia by those who wanted to keep the gold prospectors from going west during the 1849 gold rush in California. HH, Papa

I miss Over kill!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread