Joined the PI Team

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After using the Excalibur II for about 1.5 years I decided to buy a PI machine. Note that I really like my Excalibur and simply wanted to expand my arsenal. I decided upon a Whites Dual Field. It is a lot different than the Excalibur so I will be in learning mode for a while. I may have dug more bobby pins on my first hunt with the Dual Field than I had dug in my entire 1.5 years of using the Excalibur. :o And I definitely get a better workout with the Dual Field than I do with Excalibur.

The coil is huge but the unit is surprisingly light and well balanced - even with the stock shaft. And thus far pin pointing seems pretty darn good on small circular objects like rings and coins. My first few hunts had me questioning my purchase. But I feel I am starting to get a feel for it and suspect it will continue to grow on me.

Attached are some highlights of my first 4 hunts. HH everyone!

Attachments

• Dual Field 01.JPG
    Dual Field 01.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Dual Field 02.JPG
    Dual Field 02.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T,
I was temped to get a PI too. The older guys (vets with 10-20 years experience) I hunt with all use PI's! Now I mostly use the x-cal in AM mode! Would be nice to add one to the quiver! Spent the money on a E-track, wanted to hunt better in the turf!

SnT

OP
OP
T

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfnturf said:
T,
I was temped to get a PI too. The older guys (vets with 10-20 years experience) I hunt with all use PI's! Now I mostly use the x-cal in AM mode! Would be nice to add one to the quiver! Spent the money on a E-track, wanted to hunt better in the turf!

SnT

Funny you should mention the E-trac. That was my first course of action - buying an E-trac. It is certainly an amazing machine. However I do most of my hunting in the wet sand and water, so I was not getting much use out of it. I eventually decided to sell it off and get the PI.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention the E-trac. That was my first course of action - buying an E-trac. It is certainly an amazing machine. However I do most of my hunting in the wet sand and water, so I was not getting much use out of it. I eventually decided to sell it off and get the PI.
[/quote]

I hear ya! I too hunt 90% at the beach! Hoping to get in the dirt this summer when the sand here takes over! Next one will be a PI!
Enjoy your new toy!! :icon_pirat:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, Tony. :headbang:
Keep up the good work!

Lorraine

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Tony....congrats on ur new machine...hope to get mine soon!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Tony.

If you want to use your detector in the surf and have a problem with the floating coil, I understand there is a weight you can now purchase that attaches to the bootom of a coil, like a cover, to keep it on the bottom.

Good luck to you in your hunts!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Tony, you will get a workout with it, but you will find lots of good stuff too. It is a deep machine.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your first four hunts? :notworthy: :thumbsup: Of course, :dontknow: you know I have to hate you now, right? :laughing7:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Welcome to the team! Great finds! I have only gotten in three hunts with mine so far, but it has already earned me a banner. Also when you hear that soft sweet sound of gold in it, you will know it. It does have a learning curve but you are doing well. :icon_thumright:. HH....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions