Ring and a leg!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got a late start out this morning and really didn't think I would find anything but I wanted to get out there and at least practice with the new machine. I found a nickel that I had thrown in the water yesterday. I threw several coins in the water yesterday and found all of them but one.... today I found the one I was missing. I still didn't find the earring stud that I threw in yesterday but it was a very tiny stud.

052611.jpg

I found only two other coins but..... I found my first ring with the new machine. Yep, I found a ring. It isn't a "good" one but I don't care I'll take it!

Ring052611.jpg

I also found a leg off a toy fireman. :wink:

One of my main fears is to find a ring..... with a finger or hand attached. That I do not want to do no matter how good a ring it might be! But.... I found a leg! :wink:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Mumszie! :hello2: I guess the new machine is giving you a, "leg up!" :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! I was worried, that little dog of yours, had chewed through that wetsuit leg! :laughing7:
Does anyone say, a little leg, is better than no leg?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
pat-tekker-cat said:
Whew! I was worried, that little dog of yours, had chewed through that wetsuit leg! :laughing7:
Does anyone say, a little leg, is better than no leg?

I'm surprised you remember "Buddy" my dog.... LOL

100_3260a.jpg

100_4895.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, that picture of you and that dog, along with catfish, swimming in my fridge, cleaning out for days, in a tupperware container, well, some thing just never leave ya! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pat-tekker-cat said:
Mumszie, that picture of you and that dog, along with catfish, swimming in my fridge, cleaning out for days, in a tupperware container, well, some thing just never leave ya! :laughing7:

Hmm.. I'm thinking, "TreasureNet Girls & their Dogs," 2012 Calendar!

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG...Congrats on first ring with ur new machine!!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Always good to get that first ring with a new detector :icon_thumright:

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie,

I look forward to finding your posts on treasurenet. Your sense of humor and positive attitude make my day while your great finds give me hope for my future beach trips with my e-trac and excalibur.
I am limited in my beach hunting since I only get a mother-sitter (my sister) 2 times a year. Mother is 90 and I chose to be her caregiver. I've been in health care my entire career and know the alternative first-hand although I've seen some excellent facilities. Some were even in Florida as I've lived in Bradenton, Tallahassee, Sebring and Panama City. (Nope, did not detect back then.) Based in North Carolina now and the beach is a day away. Mother no longer travels well, but she loves the beach. Used to sit in her chair while I played in the sand and water for hours. Hopefully, I'll be back in the water in August and bring lots of goodies home for her to admire. You can keep the legs.

HH, Magjm

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, you are doing very well with your new detector. :headbang:

You got some nice finds there.. :hello2:

I love your little friend, Buddy...he's a sweetheart! :icon_sunny:

Lorraine

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Lorrain. said:
Mumszie, you are doing very well with your new detector. :headbang:

You got some nice finds there.. :hello2:

I love your little friend, Buddy...he's a sweetheart! :icon_sunny:

Lorraine

Buddy is spoiled rotton. He was "supposed" to be a tea cup but now weighs 18 pounds! He wasn't supposed to get more than about 6 pounds at the most! I would complain to the lady but then I'd have to give him back to get my money back and he's part of the family now. Spoiled, spoiled spoiled! That's my Buddy! :wink:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand, Mumszie...our little "Jacky" is in the same boat with "Buddy"...they are livin' the "Life of Riley" :headbang:

Lorraine

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look foward to every post you make as well too Mumzie, you inspire all of us ladies, and boy do I need it at times.. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread