One more ring....

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well dang..... I went out this morning to a beach I should NOT have gone to. I KNEW I shouldn't go there. I told myself when I first decided to get a PI machine that I would never go to that beach but what did I do????? I went to that darn beach. I ALWAYS find a ton of all different sized nails, screws and large chunks of metal there. ALWAYS! I only lasted about half an hour before I decided I needed to leave and go somewhere else. Sheesh! Why is it so hard to pay attention to yourself?

Second beach was not nearly so bad. I am having some trouble with the constant buzz in my ear. I know a lot of the guys say that you learn to ignore that but at the moment I am having a lot of trouble with that. Still... I managed to find another ring this morning. Well.... sort of. It IS a ring but it's a junk ring. The picture just doesn't show it but the ring is pink on the outside and kind of pearl-like on the inside. Still... it's junk. I found another cheap hoop earring, another tiny key and a few coins.

It is really hard getting used to this new machine. My old one stays silent unless you go over something. This one buzzes constantly and just buzzes even louder when you run over something. The guys tell me that I will learn to ignore the constant buzz but dang.... it's irritating!

052711.jpg

Ring052711.jpg

OK so it isn't a lot but at least I am finding something and I am getting out to hunt so I'm happy..... for now. ::)

Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzsie, some days a diamond, some days a stone..............
You still did good! Keep it up! :icon_thumleft:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie, Can't you lower the threshold? I keep mine just barely audible no real buzzing.

HH jOE

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your "Threshold," should just be a slightly audible "Mosquito humm." Be sure to listen for both "down," and "up" breaks in the threshold, ANY tiny breaks may signal a deep target (of course I'm talking from gold nugget hunting experience). You'll get used to it, and LOVE it! :thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never used a machine with threshold. I don't think I could stand a constant hum, not even a slight one.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds :icon_salut: I run all my machines silent. I guess I might be missing something but then I do find some stuff.

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Nice Finds!You are getting the hang of you new PI detector.I have a Seahunter and it does not have a volume control, and it can get chattery at times because I run it with no discrimination. It is really loud IMO when it locates a target.I took the advice of some of the folks on here and now wear earplugs under the earpieces. I can still hear the hum and when it hits a target it does not deafen me anymore.It was a cheap fix and made it more enjoyable for me. :icon_thumright:

Digging41

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
digging41 said:
Nice Finds!You are getting the hang of you new PI detector.I have a Seahunter and it does not have a volume control, and it can get chattery at times because I run it with no discrimination. It is really loud IMO when it locates a target.I took the advice of some of the folks on here and now wear earplugs under the earpieces. I can sill heard the hum and when it hits a target it does not deafen me anymore.It was a cheap fix and made it more enjoyable for me. :icon_thumright:

Digging41

That is funny because I actually thought about doing that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions