Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It looks like you are getting the hang of the Sea Hunter. I have only had mine out once, but I was impressed with it. Still using the Excalibur on most beaches.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never look at the coil, I just put my foot behind it and place the scoop where my foot is.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I'm with "Les". I seldom look at the coil. Once I get a signal I put my toe at the rear of the coil and then start scoopin where my toe was. I have seen folks put tape on their coils so it's more visible. A strip at the 12 and 6 o'clock position for example. Try a day-glo color that's non-metallic of course. I also found that the first few times I had my Seahunter out I dug sooo much crap. Seems I've been cleaning the place up because now the finds are more goodies than scrap. Good luck out there.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
You're getting the hang of it. First day with my dual frequency, I had the same problem digging in a local lake. Man I dug some deep holes that day. Like the other guys say. Just put your toe to the rear of the coil, move the coil out of the way, and put the point of the scoop at the end of your toe. It becomes second nature after while. Before you know it there will be gold in that scoop...HH... :hello:

OP
OP
D

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Thanks guys for the advice, I tried what you have suggested and it did make a big difference. The more I get out with the water detector the more I like it. I have only hunted land up to this point but those peaceful mornings on the beach with not a soul around are great. :thumbsup:

Digging41

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread