Water Detector help please!

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Im finally ready to pull the trigger and add a water detector to my arsenal. It will be 75% freshwater but it will have its days in saltwater as well. So the questions Ive come up with that I need some help with before I make a great, or costly decision are.....

1) Is the SandShark a good choice for both fresh and salt? (I like this one due to the lifetime warranty)

2) Is there a better water detector for both fresh and salt than the Tesoro? And which one?

3) VLF or PI incase some feel the Sandshark isnt the best?

4) Please add any input. I will be a complete newb to water hunting but I want to start on the right foot and learn instead of getting a cheap "just try it out" detector.

Thanks so much for yalls expertise and input its invaluable.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Alright guys yall talked me into it. I went with the Excalibur and Sunspot Stealth scoop. So im all in and have no excuses other than user deficiency if I dont find something good. Thanks again for all the excellent info. It is due to that info and this forum that the decision was made. :headbang:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
Alright guys yall talked me into it. I went with the Excalibur and Sunspot Stealth scoop. So im all in and have no excuses other than user deficiency if I dont find something good. Thanks again for all the excellent info. It is due to that info and this forum that the decision was made. :headbang:

I don't think you will be disappointed with your decision....
once you learn what the Excal is telling you. Good luck.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great choice JD. I had such a hard time choosing between my DF and an excalibur. I have no regrets and unless you have problems with your unit neither will you...HH

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
Hey JD I live in dallas also.I just ordered a excalibur and a anderson shaft.I also think Im getting that same scoop.How do you like the
detector?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread