5-30 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautiful Memorial day!

I got in the water around 9:30 a.m. and hunted until 4:30 p.m.

Finds were so-so, but with 11 other hunters in the water, I guess I did OK.

21 coins= $ 1.39
002.JPG

The only jewelry I could manage.
003.JPG
004.JPG

Of course, the junk
001.JPG

The best find of the day was found under my windshield wiper.
005.JPG

The funny thing is I only took up one parking spot. Here's the deal: I park on a side street. There is room for three cars between the no parking signs. There was already 2 cars there and I was lucky and got the last spot at the end. My back bumper was flush with the no parking sign. So apparently the middle car left some time during the day and there either wasn't enough room for the author of the note or they suck at parallel parking. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Not bad. A little gas rebate money, a little jewelry, and a hair pin collection that looks like one of my days hunting at the beach. :laughing7:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good seeing you out there. You did good on coins, although the targets were few. Must be the same person that left me a note also about digging holes in the sand although I don't dig on the beach.Guess he only saw I had a detector and assumed it was me.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya just love people that think they
DESERVE special treatment wherever they go!
It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
Nice hunt with the clad and "junque" targets.
Gold Nuggets

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
LMAO when I read the note the guy left you, that was funny. I started to go to Surfside yesterday and got about 3 miles away from the intracoastal bridge and the traffic was bumper to bumper, just turned around and went back home. Couldn't make it today but will give it a shot tomorrow. My grandson said the beach was PACKED! HH John

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
Not bad. A little gas rebate money, a little jewelry, and a hair pin collection that looks like one of my days hunting at the beach. :laughing7:
Yep, just another rough day at the beach :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les West Central Fl said:
Good seeing you out there. You did good on coins, although the targets were few. Must be the same person that left me a note also about digging holes in the sand although I don't dig on the beach.Guess he only saw I had a detector and assumed it was me.
Good seeing you too Les. I hit a couple coin clusters, (2 quarters in a scoop and a patch of pennies not far from that). So that helped. The note gave me a nice chuckle on the way home.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold nuggets said:
Don't ya just love people that think they
DESERVE special treatment wherever they go!
It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
Nice hunt with the clad and "junque" targets.
Gold Nuggets
Thanks.
I could understand if I was in the wrong, but I know that space there is limited. I make sure I only take one space even in the off season when I'm the only car there most times.

I thought it was pretty funny they took the time to write me a little note.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TexasDigger1 said:
LMAO when I read the note the guy left you, that was funny. I started to go to Surfside yesterday and got about 3 miles away from the intracoastal bridge and the traffic was bumper to bumper, just turned around and went back home. Couldn't make it today but will give it a shot tomorrow. My grandson said the beach was PACKED! HH John
I hear ya. I got to the beach almost an hour earlier than usual and was lucky to find a spot.
Early bird gets the worm.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably suck at parallel parking since it is no longer part of the driving test in Florida. I have watched many try and fail, not even close to doing it correctly.... It should be mandatory on first time tests..... If the kids can't parallel park it, then they can't drive it...

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
They probably suck at parallel parking since it is no longer part of the driving test in Florida. I have watched many try and fail, not even close to doing it correctly.... It should be mandatory on first time tests..... If the kids can't parallel park it, then they can't drive it...
:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread