Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After having found those 2 gold rings a few days ago, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to be found out at Araha beach. And since Jim and I hunted it on Sunday night, that meant that whatever got lost over Memorial Day probably hasn't been found. But there ARE other detectorists that pound this beach, so I didn't have my hopes up too high when I loaded the Excal in the car and took off at 9:30pm tonight.

I arrived at the beach and was in the sand promptly at 10pm. Having watched the tide charts, I knew that the cut that was made in the beach from the typhoon on Saturday should still be there, and I was right. However... they were stomped down over Memorial Day in some areas.

MetalDetecting003-3.jpg

MetalDetecting007-1.jpg

I find a few bottle caps right away, and found myself hunting the same high tide line that I hunted just a couple of days ago. It didn't take long to find my first good target... and it was right on top of the ground.
MetalDetecting002-3.jpg

Surprisingly, it was complete and unbroken and on closer inspection, it's stamped 925. Too bad that HUGE diamond isn't real :tongue3:

MetalDetecting014-1.jpg

I move back into the swimming area and start to work the stomped down cut... hoping to find some kid's soda money or something worthwhile. It didn't take too long either, because as I was nearing one end of the swimming area, I got a good solid tone right near the jelly fish net.

MetalDetecting004.jpg

MetalDetecting006-1.jpg

MetalDetecting023.jpg

I was shocked at how clean the swimming area was, having only found a few game tokens pretty deep... and no clad. If it wasn't for that gold ring hiding real well, I doubt I would have come away with anything valuable. I honestly think that someone else hit that swimming area that night. But at least they left me something golden :laughing7:

So here's the take for a 2 hour hunt

722 Yen (about $9 US) and .40 cents.

MetalDetecting025.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my goodies. I hope your hunt goes just as well as mine has. I hope that everyone finds gold in their scoop

Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Re: 14K and a some more silver

Looks like a good hunt to me. Beats what I found in the last several days. HH. Ralph

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14K and a some more silver

Terrific hunt, Bobbypins! :hello2:

Very nice finds! :headbang:

Lorraine

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur and Soverign
Bobbypins:
Where is this beach you are talking about? As a Marine I was on Okinawa 3 times...and I never heard of the beach you mentioned. I was at Camp Schwab 2 times and Camp Butler(Foster actually), and visited all of the other military bases except what we called the Army beach near Kadina AFB.

Mike

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Cool, my barracks was just a few hundred yards away right in front of the USO on Camp Foster and I had a Fisher 1280x Aquanaut w/me that trip...should've gone there..but I think it was for SSGT.'s (E-6) and above...I was a Sgt. (E-5) at the time....do you know the other beach I mentioned in my earlier post way north on the island...it's near NTA ( northern training area built around '85 or '86)...I believe the Air Force had charge of it....

Mike

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If you're talking about a place way up North, the only thing that is run by the military is Okuma Recreational resort.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=...743,128.156247&spn=0.021309,0.049396&t=h&z=15

Actually, Okuma is divided into 2 parts. JAL (Japan Airlines) has a resort that is kinda sorta shared with the military part. The link shows the peninsula, and that's the military area. They have 2 large beach areas (one south of the point, and one north). The JAL area is a tad further south, but they share the same stretch of beach.

I'm thinking that this is what you're referring to. I'm entertaining the thought of going up there for a stay during the winter. I want to hunt the low tides at night.

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bpins:
Yep...that's the place...as soon as you said Okuma...I knew it...just couldn't remember the name...nice little village there if I'm not mistaken just before you go "on base"...my church had a weekend retreat there in '86 (my second trip to Oki)....

you should be able to clean up there...

Mike

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Bpins......love the gold n silver.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Silver and gold! Another good night! :icon_thumright: :headbang:

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That was a pretty good night too. When I get home today from work I'll post what I found last night from a different beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread