Last nights beach hunt...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Got to beach at high tide about two hours before dark yesterday. This was my first day off since going to the beach 10 days ago. All of you have been feeding my MD ing fever with all the great finds you have posted. So I hunted the sand for a couple of hours until the tide started going out. Found lots of clad but no jewelry. So out comes the Dual Frequency machine. I hunt the surf for a couple more hours and come up with a hoop earring, and one large mans ring. It sure looked good in my sand scoop and felt so heavy that I had to get out the flashlight just to see if it was gold!...No luck, just a stainless ring. Total take for the day was $4.59 in gas rebate money, one earring, and one ring. Maybe I'll get back to the beach next week, until then keep posting those great finds that make my days so much more fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20110601_100649-1.jpg
    IMG_20110601_100649-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_20110601_100539-1.jpg
    IMG_20110601_100539-1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Unusual black stainless ring. Always worth the trip to the beach when you come away with gas money and a ring even if it isn't gold. Next time may be better. HH, Ralph

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It beats the heck out of my last couple of hunts :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I know it's junk stainless, but just wanted to let everyone know I was actually out hunting, even though I didn't have any great finds on that day.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad day at the beach, is better than a good day on the couch!
Keep up them hunts, good, bad, and ugly! :laughing7:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking ring, S&R :headbang:

Lorraine

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not shabby at all. :icon_pirat: I find that it's not so much what you scoop up that's important, it's about what you COULD scoop up that keeps us going back for more. As long as it's keeping me active and healthy, I'm not complaining.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I've read a lot of post where folks complain of finding stainless or tungsten rings but there's a market for them and you could reap more $$$ selling one on ebay or craigslist than if it were silver and got spot price for the weight. So that's definately a good find :icon_salut:

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Thanks again guys for all the nice comments. I thought it looked nice anyway. And it is actually my size. I just can't wear jewelry in my line of work. It could cause premature death or dismemberment. Machinery and jewelry don't mix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions