Scoop Shoulder Strap?

Psubs579

Greenie
May 4, 2011
I just got in my new prostock scoop and with the handle it weighs in at between 5-6lbs.

For the folks with larger/heavier scoops. How do most of you haul your scoop for hours of swinging? Just over the shoulder or dragging it or have you devised a better method for carrying these things?

I was wondering if anyone had devised a decent shoulder strap to carry it over your shoulder while swinging (any scoop that uses a wood handle should be similar to what I have - stealth, diamond etc)?

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Psubs579 said:
I just got in my new prostock scoop and with the handle it weighs in at between 5-6lbs.

For the folks with larger/heavier scoops. How do most of you haul your scoop for hours of swinging? Just over the shoulder or dragging it or have you devised a better method for carrying these things?

I was wondering if anyone had devised a decent shoulder strap to carry it over your shoulder while swinging (any scoop that uses a wood handle should be similar to what I have - stealth, diamond etc)?

Some folks attach them to a short strap on their belt to drag behind them on the wet sand. I find it is much easier up on my shoulder in the heavy surf. For me, having a strap on it would just get in the way. Great post! :thumbsup:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you have a PI you will have to carry it on your shoulder, or float it behind you, your detector will pick it up. Other wise, you could have a strap and put a floaty- a foam float tube, that is for floating people, usually sold at swimming stores, and cut a piece about 1 foot long, tie wrap it on the handle, and float it behind you. Or have a snap hook, and a belt, and clip it on your waist, on the side, and unclip it when you find something. Pelican clip works good for this.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I split time with it. Half the time I hang the scoop on my shoulder. Half the time I hold the scoop part behind my back and drag the handle behind me. My PI detector will pick up the scoop any other way I place the scoop. My shoulder tends to get a little sore after eight to ten hours hunting. I am thinking of making a pad for my shoulder to help this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread