First and second

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning I was getting pretty frustrated. I really didn't find much at all and wasn't sure if it was the machine or the hunter. Personally, I want to blame the machine but.... well common sense tells me that the "hunter" just doesn't understand her machine very well yet. ;D

I did find some pennies and one dime. I found a small jingle bell that blasted my ear drums!

060311.jpg

Just when I was really getting frustrated I got a real nice hit and when I first saw it in my scoop I thought.... NOW THAT IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR! I picked it out of the scoop and my heart sank. For such a nice heavy-looking ring... it was so light! Darn! I bet it's junk. I could see something was stamped inside but just couldn't read it. When I got back to the car and got my magnifying loupe out I could see it was stamped 10k. It only weighs 2 gm. ALLLLLL RIIIIGHT! GOLD! YIPPEE! So this is my second gold ring for the year and my first gold ring with the new machine.

Ring0603112gm.jpg

Maybe I'm not as bad using the new machine as I thought! Maybe I am getting the hang of it after all! :wink:

Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First gold with a new machine is always GREAT. Nice going Mumszie

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Always nice to see a little gold in the scoop.Congrats! The first with a new machine makes it even better :notworthy:

Digging41

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
All right! :icon_thumright: nothing boosts your faith in a new machine like finding gold with it. Congrats!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now your talking Mumzie...congrats big time.. :thumbsup:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific gold ring find, Mumszie! :headbang:

You're on a roll now...keep up the great work! :hello2:

Lorraine

P

pastorals

The technical term for the problems you had in the beginning is "operator error"...I'm very familiar with the term!

Alan

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Your patience with the new machine paid off Mums. I'm happy you hung in there. Now the gold should start jumping out of the ground for ya :wink:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Mumszie! Congratulations on your
first DF gold ring find. Gold Nuggets :hello:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm so happy for you mumszie! Yea! :hello2:

Please tell me, ya didn't have to use Buddy, to weigh that coil down! LOL! :o :laughing7:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold at only 2 grams. I would take it. I have found lots of rings that only weight around 1 gram. Now this is only the beginning there is going to be lots more. Good luck and happy hunting.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread