Another beach find returned

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach this morning and right off the bat found a nice shiny credit card holder containing a driver's license, school ID, a couple of discount cards and a bank debit card. Stuck it in my back pocket and went on to detect $3.70 in beer money. When I got home I checked the phone book and found a match to the last name and address. Called the number and the young man was not home but I talked to his parents. They mentioned their 16 year old son had skipped school the day before and must have gone to the beach with friends. He never told them he lost the items so they were quite surprised. I gave them directions to my home and they came out about an hour later to pick up the items. The mother brought my wife a couple of nice plants as a gesture of thanks. Hey, wait a minute. I found the items. She wasn't even there! That's OK. My reward was a thank you and a nice comment about honest people still being in the world. :)

Happy hunting all!

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story, N2CU!

Lorraine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to Go! :thumbsup: Karma will be golden!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread