6-6 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an early start (at least for me) today, so I figured I'd try a different beach. I was pretty excited, hunting a new beach with a new scoop.

Entered the water just after 9 a.m. and hunted until 4 p.m.

The hunting was slow going for the most part, started with a couple of lead fishing weights. From there, I moved on to parts of aluminum cans that were deep.

I did manage to find a few coins, most of them quarters.

I also found my first shark tooth! I also scooped up a concretion that I'll have to break down.

The new scoop worked well and it was a nice day out.

The new scoop
002.JPG

Finds straight from the pouch
003.JPG

9 coins = $1.46
004.JPG

My first shark tooth
005.JPG

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Always nice to try a new beach and you did give that nice looking scoop a real workout.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie d, I like that shark's tooth find. :headbang:

Are those antique flat buttons in the bottom left of the 3rd pic?

L

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
Always nice to try a new beach and you did give that nice looking scoop a real workout.
Lorrain. said:
Willie d, I like that shark's tooth find. :headbang:

Are those antique flat buttons in the bottom left of the 3rd pic?

L
Thanks Search and Recovery and Lorraine.

Lorraine, the items in the 3rd pic are the fishing weights.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your scoop, looks like mine. Picks up studs easily. Missed you Monday but we left early also.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lorraine, the items in the 3rd pic are the fishing weights."

Thank you for theID, Willie d....now you know how little I know about fishing and antique buttons :laughing7:

Lorraine

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
I got an early start (at least for me) today, so I figured I'd try a different beach. I was pretty excited, hunting a new beach with a new scoop.

The hunting was slow going for the most part, started with a couple of lead fishing weights. From there, I moved on to parts of aluminum cans that were deep.

I also found my first shark tooth! I also scooped up a concretion that I'll have to break down.

Cool shark tooth! I am considering getting that scoop as well. Where did you pickup a handle for it and how does it compare to your other scoop(s)?

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les West Central Fl said:
Love your scoop, looks like mine. Picks up studs easily. Missed you Monday but we left early also.
Thanks Les. I can see why you like the scoop so much. It took a little getting used to, but after the first few targets, it was smooth sailing. Catch ya next time :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain. said:
"Lorraine, the items in the 3rd pic are the fishing weights."

Thank you for theID, Willie d....now you know how little I know about fishing and antique buttons :laughing7:

Lorraine
LOL That's ok, it was pretty early when you posted. I just figured the coffee hadn't kicked in yet ;D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony in FL said:
willie d said:

Cool shark tooth! I am considering getting that scoop as well. Where did you pickup a handle for it and how does it compare to your other scoop(s)?
Thanks Tony. I got the handle at Lowes. It's a round post hole digger handle. It took about 2 minutes to file off enough to fit in the square hole, but it's rock solid. As far as how it compares to my other scoop....
001.JPG

Besides taking a little time to get used to the handle angle, it was just another day of scoopin'.

It takes a bigger bite out of the sand and sifts fairly easily and catches the small stuff. The shark tooth would've gone through the holes of my other scoop.

Also, it's stainless steel, so it should last a good long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread