HELP!... I am addicted to this site...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I think I have gotten treasure fever. Is there a cure? :dontknow:...I just bought a Whites dual frequency machine last month. Went to the beach twice. Found two rings, one of which was junk stainless the other my honerable mention (picture by my name), and yesterday I ordered a Teknetics G2 for finding gold in the dry sand. So much for all the overtime I worked this month just to afford it. I am falling in love with beach hunting. Have I lost my mind? Have any of you gone through this? Is there a cure? Oh man, this is fun! By the way have any of you used the G2 on the dry sand? Thanks for taking the time to listen to a crazy man, and this site just adds fuel to the fire like you wouldn't believe!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LOVE this thread! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

cmtoys

Mar 1, 2010
La Verne, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Whites MXT Pro, Surf Pro Dual Field, M6, Garrett AT Pro
I wouldn't call it and addiction, More of like a compultion to dig holes at the beach and find money and jewelery :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:.
Nothing wrong with that... Right. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

GOLD1960

May 10, 2006
BURNSVILLE,MN
____________THE PHARMACEUTICAL MAFIA IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU DESIGNING A NEW PILL _____
[/img]

Attachments

• 0adbd250fca08246fde97010_L.jpg
    0adbd250fca08246fde97010_L.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 302
  • plutocrat.gif
    plutocrat.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 282

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You know your addicted when the first thing you look at on a pretty lady in a bikini at the beach is her hands to see if she has any jewelry on or when you start following someone in the water with nice jewelry on in hopes it will fall off........

I admit it... I'm addicted. Another way you can tell if you are addicted is:

You know you're an addict when you hit refresh on the Beach & Shallow Water forum about 10 times per minute to see if anyone has posted something new. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's addictive , my closet is full of detectors . These forums are addictive too. But I can't think of a better addiction .You never know what you'll find , and you'll make same great new friends.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know your an addict when the grocery scanner beeps and you say " That's a solid quarter".

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site gets me through those long periods of time when I can't hunt due to work. I just read the post with my mouth watering. Also great for meeting fellow hunters . I have meet and hunted with a lot of awesome people in 3 different countries through Tnet. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks again everybody for all the great responses. A lot of great laughs and a lot of sincere answers to how addictive this "HOBBY" is...Stuart

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you are addicted when you go into a courthouse and want to talk about the scanner the officer is using - I actually did this. :-\

If I am an wrong to want to detect all the time, then I don't want to be right........................................ :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Dictionary.com on "addiction"

ad·dic·tion   /əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled
[uh-dik-shuhn]

–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma

Yep, stopping would cause trauma - I confess, I'm addicted to md-ing

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread