CZ-20

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Good news! I got a call from Felix at Fisher this afternoon and my detector is ready and was sent back yesterday. I should get it in 3-5 days! They put a new 10" coil on. A new coil cover, battery housing and more. I can't remember all the things he said they did to it. They re-calibrated it and it now has a new s/n number that I will have to use if I have any more trouble and..... they didn't charge me for anything. I expected to pay for the coil change. I had an 8 inch coil but wanted them to put the larger coil on but they didn't charge me for that either. He said because I had so much trouble last time they wanted to make it up to me. OK Now all I have to do is check it out when it gets here and hopefully all will be well. If not.... I'll send it back! So far this experience is way above my last experience with them. This is what customer service should be! :wink:

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
give that baby a good workout when you get it.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fisher has a great rep for customer service. Good to hear your back in business with the cz-20. I am wondering...did they upgrade circuitry to a 21? I think they do that no matter what now. Anyway...HH and good luck with it. -Joe

mumszie said:
Good news! I got a call from Felix at Fisher this afternoon and my detector is ready and was sent back yesterday. I should get it in 3-5 days! They put a new 10" coil on. A new coil cover, battery housing and more. I can't remember all the things he said they did to it. They re-calibrated it and it now has a new s/n number that I will have to use if I have any more trouble and..... they didn't charge me for anything. I expected to pay for the coil change. I had an 8 inch coil but wanted them to put the larger coil on but they didn't charge me for that either. He said because I had so much trouble last time they wanted to make it up to me. OK Now all I have to do is check it out when it gets here and hopefully all will be well. If not.... I'll send it back! So far this experience is way above my last experience with them. This is what customer service should be! :wink:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Glad to hear Fisher came through for you. I hated to get rid of my CZ 20, my experience with the new Fisher company was not as good as what you just had. Let's hope that gold magnet is back on track.

Chuck

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Awesome to hear that Mumszie.I hope everything works out for ya and you don't have to send it back.
drewan

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to hear you got it fixed and they were good to deal with. HH

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Can Slaw said:
Glad to hear Fisher came through for you. I hated to get rid of my CZ 20, my experience with the new Fisher company was not as good as what you just had. Let's hope that gold magnet is back on track.

Chuck

I know exactly what you mean and my first experience with them was a real nightmare but this time it was excellent.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very pleased that Fisher is on the way back with their customer service. I am sure you won't have to send in the CZ-20 again. I have hope then for my CZ-20 also if it dies. I love that machine........... :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Sandman said:
I am very pleased that Fisher is on the way back with their customer service. I am sure you won't have to send in the CZ-20 again. I have hope then for my CZ-20 also if it dies. I love that machine........... :icon_thumleft:

The CZ-20 is my favorite machine too and if I ever get a chance to buy another one I will. I don't want the CZ-21 but the CZ-20. I love my machine too!

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I am pretty sure, not positive, that when they get a cz20 they automatically gut it and convert it to a cz21. I owned a cz20 8 years ago, and sold it like a putz to make a credit card payment 4 months before I filed.

Anyway...Id love to have that machine in my arsenal. Just curious if fisher ever mentioned thats what they did to your machine.

HH -Joe

mumszie said:
Sandman said:

The CZ-20 is my favorite machine too and if I ever get a chance to buy another one I will. I don't want the CZ-21 but the CZ-20. I love my machine too!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
joeb1999 said:
I am pretty sure, not positive, that when they get a cz20 they automatically gut it and convert it to a cz21. I owned a cz20 8 years ago, and sold it like a putz to make a credit card payment 4 months before I filed.

Anyway...Id love to have that machine in my arsenal. Just curious if fisher ever mentioned thats what they did to your machine.

HH -Joe

mumszie said:
Sandman said:

They pretty much converted it as parts for the 20 are obsolete now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread