Help! I need beach hunting advice!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am a newbie, 2 weeks into my renewed love of MDing. I have been hunting schools and parks, and am planning to search some old Rhode Island stone walls, as well as beaches and a few old commercial and military sites that have been defunct for years. I need advice on beaches! There is a local beach called Gaspee Point nearby (famous for the burning of the British tax sloop Gaspee during the early days of the Revolutionary War). To make a long story short, I did a 2 hour search of the main public beach, and came away with nothing but clad. Further down the beach area, around the point, the beach changes from a wide sand beach, to a thin isolated strip of sand and mostly rock, with wooded area behind it. This strech winds on for approx 1 1/2 miles before becoming private property. While I realize that this stretch does not see a lot of people, does that mean that I won't find much, but what is there should be old? This area is history rich, dating back to long before the revolution. Should I invest the time? I would love to hear from the beach veterns here! Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Statenisland Keith

Nov 7, 2004
Try going during a negative low tide. Check your tide charts and go then. You can reach areas you would not be able to during the average low tide. HH

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search it. That way you wont always wonder if you missed out on some good finds? 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread