OH NO! I didnt!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OH NO! I didn't!

This morning I had an errand far south of me. About 2 hours south. I had to cross the Skyway bridge but it was an early appointment so I thought... great! I will go back over the bridge and hunt a couple of beaches that I don't normally get to go to. It was a beautiful morning. The water was georgous. Almost calm, very clear and just downright perfect. I got in and started hunting. I hunted the first beach for a little over two hours and never got one hit! NOT ONE! I thought well something has to be wrong so I threw in some of the coins I carry with me to practice with. I had no trouble finding everything I threw in. I even closed my eyes when I threw a couple of them so I couldn't see where they were going. I just knew they were somewhere out in front of me. I found them - no problem. Sooooo it isn't my machine and it isn't the operator. It must be that there just plain wasn't anything there to be found. Unbelieveable! I decided to head for another beach. Where????? Oh no, I didn't go ..... there. Yes, I did. I stopped at Clearwater Beach. My gosh that place was jammed with people. I had a heck of a time finding a parking place but I managed. I thought well.... with so many people there I'm bound to find something. I mean as many times as I've been there and not found anything.... the odds are that eventually I will find something! I got in the water by the stone jetty and walked between my waist and upper chest in the water all the way down to the pier. Nothing! Not one hit! This can't be! It just can not be! I started back the other way. This time I was between my knees and waist deep in the water working my way around people as I went. Sometimes answering the same old questions and sometimes acting like I just couldn't hear. "Did you find anything?, What are you doing?, Did you find my diamond ring?" **sigh**

THEN all of a sudden I got a hit! Yeah baby, my first hit of the day! A bobby pin. **sigh** A little farther on... another hit. This time it was a hair clip. **another sigh** I saw a pod of dolphins playing to my right and the people were all watching them too. Another hit.... **another bobby pin** RATS! Almost back to where I started in the water and it was getting late (for me) I knew I had to start for home soon. A HIT! This time it wasn't a bobby pin or a hair clip. It was a silver spoon lure with a hook. Well... darn! It WAS CLEARWATER BEACH! I never find anything there so what did I expect? Whoops.... another hit. This time it was something that looked pretty darn good in the scoop but.... alas it was just a piece of junk. I think it is just something that was attached to a bathing suit, some kind of decoration. Ah well. I did finally get some hits so I guess my next big project is to learn WHERE to hunt! Here is my big find of the day. It looks like it's full of diamonds. Sure did sparkle in my scoop! Ah well...... maybe next time. :wink:

Thing061211.jpg

I know you gng's are getting might tired of my tales of woe. But it should make you feel better that I'm not finding anything so the stuff is still out there for you to find. Happy hunting to you all! :wink:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Very nice story Mumszie, even if you didn't find anything good. :thumbsup:

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good story! I like the play by play. I was at Clearwater Beach 3 weeks ago sunday morning and there were at least 8 or 10 hunters in the water. Another half a dozen or more on the beach. Everything I got(clad) was nice and fresh like it had only been there a day. I'm trying to find some other beaches to hunt as well.

HH

Aaron

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Always good to get a womens point of view on the subject of water detecting....Not many ladies of the water, and I would rather read your stories then listen to my Gf tell me about her day at work...So keep us poor guys dreaming of a women that wants to drive 2 hours to the beach..what I would give

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, look at it this way.

You don't have to wonder about what you're missing at that first beach.

You can mark that one off the list.

Last week I hunted a beach further South than I usually go. 7 hours and a whopping 9 coins :laughing9: I marked that one off the list.

You'll get 'em next time :icon_thumleft:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's been pee poor for a number of days Mums - It's not just you. Looks like ya got an earring --- Check it close, as I think I see 925 stamped in the middle of it.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mumszie, I don't think anyone here gets tired of your tales. You got in the water and had fun. You also took a hook out of the water that easily could have ruined someone's day. I say you had a good day. I think I speak for the majority of this community when I say "Keep the posts coming".

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep the detector swinging, you never know what the next target might be.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3

I'm with MIKE and OBN on this one keep your stories coming :thumbsup:. It's slow here too. Things are going to turn around and the stars are going to line up. Then you'll be unstopable. What I would give to see dolphines playing all I see are little fish jumping and canuck honkers lol.
GL & HH drewan

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was there also last week and got the same, and i also went to another beach and nothing also either we have to many hunters or the sand is covering it, keep on swinging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread