Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a Little Ring ... But it's GOLD

My Gold ring count has been getting better in the dry sand. A coincidence? I think not! Well, anyways I HOPE not! I've gotten three Gold rings in about three weeks when my 4 year average has been about one Gold ring per 5 weeks. Probably still too early to be sure but I'm tentatively attributing this "glut" of Gold on my newest detector...the XP Deus.

Yesterday's find was small and light: 1.45 grams. Found it down about 3" in the dry sand of my local beach. I had scoured the exact area thoroughly with my PI the day before. VDI at the 18K Hz frequency was 46.

The other two rings are Silver rings found with the PI in the wet sand about 6" to 7" deep ... before and after cleaning.

HH Joe

Attachments

• Ring 6-11 sm.jpg
    Ring 6-11 sm.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 398
  • before 6-10 sm.jpg
    before 6-10 sm.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 406
  • after 6-10 sm.jpg
    after 6-10 sm.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Re: Just a Little Ring ... But it's GOLD

Hey great finds :icon_thumright: you always impress with the gold :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I have heard good things about the XP, but you are proving it will find the smaller gold. I just got a Teknetics G2 just for hunting the dry sand. At 19 khz it is suppose to do the same on gold, but I don't know how deep it will go in comparison to the XP you are using. Unfortunately for me it came in the mail just as I was starting a 14 day work cycle. No days off and dieing to go to the beach. Keep up the great finds and let us know more about the XP.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Just a Little Ring ... But it's GOLD

Nice gold, Dr. Joe Prime, :headbang:

And terrific cleaning job on the silver :hello:

L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread