Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Generally I hunt local parks and such, but heading to the coast this weekend for some r-n-r. It's really rare that I have time to hunt (job keeps me busy) so I only have invested in the basic ACE 250. Although I have viewed several videos on sensitivity settings, anyone have any pearls of wisdom? Dry sand hunting. I enjoy reading everyone's finds and good humor!

Thanks,
apush

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It you are going to stick to the dry sand you will be fine with the 250. Basically if your don't disc out pull tabs you have a good chance of finding a ring if you get your coil over it. It takes more time to cover an area when you overlap your sweeps but remember the coils field at the bottom is only near 2" round. Sensitivity shouldn't be all the way up as half is right for most hunting and the detector will operate stable.

You can learn more here..........http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/
Good luck and have fun.
Sandman :hello:

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Hey Apush....try this website, www.dirtjournal.com I live down the coast from Galveston and hunt our local beach but these guys hunt mostly in Galveston. Try posting your question in that website. HH John

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Hi. Take the time to check out where the largest crowds are located on the beach. Hunt the towel line. Work a tight grid. Do not be in a rush and do not try to cover an entire beach. It can not be done. It can be hard looking at all that area and making yourself stay where you are, but that ring is just as likely one foot away as it is one mile away. If the beach is not too wide work all the way up to the base of the dunes. People like to sit there at night and do lose jewelry there. If you are looking coins then hunt the beach access points as they come onto the beach. People always drop things as they rush to get to the water. Most importantly, have fun relax and enjoy the view. Hope this helps and HH... :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread