-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bowman's Beach - Sanibel Island

My wife (and sometimes my two sons) and I have managed to get out of Misery (I mean Missouri) a couple of times each year and spend 3-5 days at a wack in FL. On a particular visit we visited Bowman's Beach on Sanibel Island. People go to Bowman's Beach to collect shells. My youngest son was using my White's Classic SL ID over dry sand 30 or 40 feet from the water. About 5" deep, he found this 10K wedding band with 3 initials on the inside. I only speculate that someone divorced or lost their mate and buried the ring in the sand. I offered my son $50 for the ring and it was a deal! It made me realize that you don't have to necessarily detect a populated beach to find gold!

Attachments

• Bowman\'s Beach 10K.JPG
    Bowman\'s Beach 10K.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bowman's Beach - Sanibel Island

Nice find and purchase. The ring was probably just lost due to the wet hands, suntan lotion and wight of the ring on the slippery finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions