Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm baaaaack...

It has been about 4 years since I have posted on these boards, and I just wanted to say that I am getting ready to hit the water holes and beaches with a vengeance...

We left Florida back in '07 and moved back to Illinois (change in latitude=change in attitude). Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much hunting while up here due to work, family commitments, etc. On top of that, the water hunting close by was pretty dismal and nothing like hunting in the Sunshine state. And to make matters worse, I had 2 of my 3 machines stolen (thank GOD that the Excal wasn't one of them)...

Well, we are moving back to Florida in a couple of months, and I am ready to put the Excal thru it's paces... I'm just glad that these boards are still here, and that I have a forum to come back to...

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I'm baaaaack...

I'm new since you left - Welcome Back and Happy Hunting! :headbang:

Ocaliman said:
It has been about 4 years since I have posted on these boards, and I just wanted to say that I am getting ready to hit the water holes and beaches with a vengeance...

We left Florida back in '07 and moved back to Illinois (change in latitude=change in attitude). Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much hunting while up here due to work, family commitments, etc. On top of that, the water hunting close by was pretty dismal and nothing like hunting in the Sunshine state. And to make matters worse, I had 2 of my 3 machines stolen (thank GOD that the Excal wasn't one of them)...

Well, we are moving back to Florida in a couple of months, and I am ready to put the Excal thru it's paces... I'm just glad that these boards are still here, and that I have a forum to come back to...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome back........ :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

welcome back. What part of Florida will you be hunting??

OP
OP
Ocaliman

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:

cntrydncr1 said:
welcome back. What part of Florida will you be hunting??

Around the central part (Ocala), and the coastal beaches for the most part...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ocaliman, welcome back. If I remember right, I met you at one of the Great Southern Beach Shootouts.... maybe 5 years ago....

OP
OP
Ocaliman

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:

Treasure_Hunter said:
Ocaliman, welcome back. If I remember right, I met you at one of the Great Southern Beach Shootouts.... maybe 5 years ago....

You most certainly did... How ya been?? I haven't talked to you since Merc dimes were considered a new coin it seems.. :wink: I was reading back on some of my older posts and came across the GSBS info.. That was a great weekend. I will make sure to look you up when I get back and settled in..

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

I too am new to this board, and beach hunting really. Just wanted to say welcome :hello:. Now, go jerk some gold out of those Fla. Holes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions