Florida in July; 2-days; Which Beach?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
biggmike said:
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:
I didn't think any beaches were off limits. :dontknow: If your going to say something like that, you better be ready to prove it.
ALL STATE PARK BEACHES ARE OFF LIMITS, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER IN FLORIDA.
And you finderzzs need to answer the question: Who might that be? You are accusing someone of a crime dude. You should have some kind of proof before you do that or at least identify who or what you are talking about. ???
It's not my place to out who's doing it or where. Just know that there is and that can be detremental to our "hobby". I don't need any proof. Those that are doing it know who they are. So be it. All I said is I wouldn't want to visit Florida and end up going to jail with some misinformation on this board.

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
finderzzs said:
biggmike said:
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:
I didn't think any beaches were off limits. :dontknow: If your going to say something like that, you better be ready to prove it.
ALL STATE PARK BEACHES ARE OFF LIMITS, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER IN FLORIDA.
And you finderzzs need to answer the question: Who might that be? You are accusing someone of a crime dude. You should have some kind of proof before you do that or at least identify who or what you are talking about. ???
It's not my place to out who's doing it or where. Just know that there is and that can be detremental to our "hobby". I don't need any proof. Those that are doing it know who they are. So be it. All I said is I wouldn't want to visit Florida and end up going to jail with some misinformation on this board.

Then you need to keep your mouth shut and not make accusations you can't back up!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by two very reliable and long time TN members on separate occasions that there were a couple members who were night hunting some state park beaches on the Gulf Coast. I also will not post the names of the people who told me or who they named either.

If they get caught night hunting the state parks illegally it is their necks, Finderzz is correct, unfortunately anyone caught doing anything illegally when it comes to metaldetecting affects the hobby as a whole and all who enjoy it.........

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Painter said:
finderzzs said:
biggmike said:
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:

Then you need to keep your mouth shut and not make accusations you can't back up!
Who the heck are you NEWBIE? You want to shut my mouth lets do it.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we need to put one behind this threads ear?...

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
finderzzs said:
Sand Painter said:
finderzzs said:
biggmike said:
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:

I am one of the ones calling you out for Slamming Dew Guru. He is a great guy and I enjoy his posts. I have seen you on more than a few occasions around 22nd street, 17th street and 12th street. You were wearing a red Ohio State Shirt. I was going to say Hi but you were taking a break eating a jelly donut.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
ron lord said:
There is no Fl. law that sayes you can't hunt in the water at a State Park in FL. If you know the Parks boundery hunt out side of them.
As for you Ron, this is what the state has to say about State parks.

The Florida Park Service has an Operations Manual (OM) which addresses the use of metal detectors on state park lands and is outlined below for your reference.

Chapter 11, Section 7:

(a)Use of metal detectors, magnetometers or other metal detecting devices is prohibited on all state park lands, including sovereign submerged lands under lease by state parks, except for the following:

(1) Coastal parks, in a zone between the waterline and toe of the dune, as determined by the Park Manager, except at archaeological sites within the zone designated by the Department of State’s Division of Historical Resources (DHR) or the Park Manager.

(2) Archaeological research projects authorized by DHR.

(3) As provided for in Chapter 4, section 28, for the recovery of lost personal items.

b) Any dug hole associated with the use of a metal detector must be refilled to the contour of pre-dig conditions using the excavated material.

c) Any excavations within designated archaeological sites require permits from DHR and the Division of Recreation and Park’s Bureau of Natural and Cultural Resources. Objects found or recovered under the terms of a permit issued by DHR are property of the State of Florida , with title vested by statute in DHR. Such objects are normally curated by DHR and can be made available by loan to the Division upon request.

Chapter 4, Section 28:

Metal detectors may be used to recover personal items that are specifically identified by their owner as being lost in a specific area of a park. The owner of lost property or his representative should contact the park manager who will arrange a time for the search to be conducted in the presence of a park staff member. During these searches, only the item sought may be kept by the owner or his representative.

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
finderzzs said:
Sand Painter said:
finderzzs said:
Sand Painter said:
finderzzs said:
biggmike said:
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:

I am one of the ones calling you out for Slamming Dew Guru. He is a great guy and I enjoy his posts. I have seen you on more than a few occasions around 22nd street, 17th street and 12th street. You were wearing a red Ohio State Shirt. I was going to say Hi but you were taking a break eating a jelly donut.
I don't eat jelly doughnuts, or take breaks, the only time wearing that shirt was in a video, so I'm thinking besides a loud mouth your also a liar, but next time you see me, come up and say Hi. Then I'll bust you in your mouth, we'll see who shuts up.

Nice very classy.....First you cast aspersions on one of the forum's top hunters and then you resort to threats of physical violence. And then you try to blow smoke and suggest you were just making a good will gesture and keep people from hunting where they are not supposed to. Take a look at Treasure_Hunters post. He did that with class. But your intentions were less than noble and it is obvious. But the bottom line is everyone on this thread has seen just who you really are. So I will comply with what the admins are about to say and I will not reply to your threats any further. Suffice to say I will introduce myself to you in the future and we will have a nice chat. :)

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Terry, as you can see hunting in not what is use to be in FL ;D

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally I thought this was going to be a good post.

I plan on visiting my daughter in FL end of Sept and maybe I would find a place where I can hunt a beach and not break any laws.

Instead, I see name calling and finger pointing.

Come on please back on topic. I can learn from others and I promise to leave most of the good stuff.

By the way anybody planning to head west (NW AZ) next winter I would be glad to share places to hunt for nuggets and how to avoid being a lawbreaker.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
First you told me to shut my mouth, therefore I'll deal out what I see fit. Second you named Dewguru, Not I, did I? No. So you must know people are hunting illegally right newbie?

I do not want to cast any suspicions, Dews name never came up between my friends and I over illegal hunting, I have enjoyed Dews post for quite some time now......

Just a thought, it might be good if some take a breath and let tempers settle down some before the thread sinks any further, would hate to see it locked or pulled by mods......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahaulil said:
Originally I thought this was going to be a good post.

I plan on visiting my daughter in FL end of Sept and maybe I would find a place where I can hunt a beach and not break any laws.

Instead, I see name calling and finger pointing.

Come on please back on topic. I can learn from others and I promise to leave most of the good stuff.

By the way anybody planning to head west (NW AZ) next winter I would be glad to share places to hunt for nuggets and how to avoid being a lawbreaker.

ahaulil, give a post or IM when your down here, maybe we can meet up and hunt......I may also be in your area next winter...... I have a very good friend who lives in Bullhead City Nv.....

I have given thought to moving there when I retire, if I don't move there I will visit there fairly often to visit my friend when I no longer have to worry about work.... There are old mines in the area.....

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did somebody say "Doughnuts?" :love10: :coffee2: :thumbsup: :laughing7:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of Doughnuts are you guys talking about cause I love Bavarian Cream doughnuts and if anyone was talking about Bavarian Cream doughnuts Then I'll bust you in your.... Oh Forget it.... ::)

Just Kidding... I think this just got a little out of hand. No one wants to get banned. I love this forum and we should have more respect for it then what this thread has become.​

Donutzzs

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
biggmike said:
What kind of Doughnuts are you guys talking about cause I love Bavarian Cream doughnuts and if anyone was talking about Bavarian Cream doughnuts Then I'll bust you in your.... Oh Forget it.... ::)

Just Kidding... I think this just got a little out of hand. No one wants to get banned. I love this forum and we should have more respect for it then what this thread has become.​

OK...You guys are cracking me up! I had 7-Up coming out my nose...lol. I am guessing Dunkin Donuts!

Attachments

• mmmmmDonutzzz.jpg
    mmmmmDonutzzz.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 891

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, if you want to know where to hunt, look for the guys with jelly doughnut stains on their shirts fist fighting in the surf!!!!!

Guys, I accidentally started this by recommending Terry find the Dude in Fl who is finding all the rings. Sounds like the research has started. Dew, you need to go into witness protection. Whatever you do, stay away from Dunkin Donuts before you head to the beach. You never know who may be watching!

Dew keep'em coming!!!!!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 'people' watching all the DD's in Southern Florida.. :laughing9:

Attachments

• doughnutsammich.jpg
    doughnutsammich.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 901

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ron Lord, just because snooksion sometimes hunts at night does not mean he is doing anything wrong. I have hunted with him a few times, most at night and we hunted at beaches that during the day they have parking meters, at night its free, plus he does hunt when the negitive tide is good, and winds are good etc. Plus no one is at the beach, and he has to work during the day. He hunts the same beaches everyone else does, but he really knows what he is doing. We also would go to several beaches, and work for hours and he might have 3 rings, and I might have 1. He isnt doing anything illegal that I know of. He got off here because of all the negitive trash like what you posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread