Sloppy Competition leads to Gold $522 bucks worth

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sloppy competition can lead you to gold! In regards to competition I always check out the person detecting. I make my assessment and evaluate the threat. If I see a hunter dig a deep target 3 scoops deep and than move along in a straight line, I'm all over that hole. I feel if there's one deep there's more? I learned the circle from Surfdigger and its found me gold more than once!(Thanks Brian) Here's where knowing how the other guys detectors works, can lead you to the gold. We all see them, the hunter that just doesn't have any etiquette. Digs trash leaves it on the beach with the hole, it's there right to do this? I always seem compelled when I come upon this to scoop the trash and fill the hole (step on the edge) I don't want onlookers to think it was me. I saw one of these hunters and he was swinging a White's BHID.This is great entry level mid priced detector. I had to use one for three months last year. Well I came to find it was very true on targeting. If is said iron it was all the time, if it was a coin it was unless it was a silver jewelry. And when it said jewelry it some times was but sometimes it was a coin on edge or just out of range. Well sure enough I was finding holes. One hole I came up to had a larger piece of snow fence next to it. I thought what, why would he dig iron I scooped it up checked the hole and low tone. Up came this 9.0 dwt .750 (18k)Tri color man's bracelet. Simple fundamentals here folks. Take your trash,recheck your hole, fill your hole. I believe that had I not known that detector I would have just walked away from $522 bucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0001_1.JPG
    IMG_0001_1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
And NJ moves in for the kill lol Very nice gold :thumbsup:
HH-drewan

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful bracelet. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: I always check the area that someone has dug something and regularly make finds in or very close to the area they were digging. Very Nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread