Question About The TEKNETICS Delta 4000

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
Good Afternoon All,

I was reading an awesome thread posted by hombre_de_plata_flaco "Best Metal Detector For Around $250.00". This was a great thread topic because this is around the price I want to spend for my first setup.

The only question I have about the Delta 4000 is will it work on a beach / shallow surf / wet sand? I'm worried about the saltwater. I know the coil is waterproof and not to get the control box wet. We have a trip to Cancun Mexico planed and I wanted to get up early and MD before my wife wakes up from her hangover(s).

If this MD'er will not work maybe I can get some suggestions on one that would work here at home in the NE and in Mexico. I want to get the ball rolling ASAP so I can practice here on dry land before our trip in September.

I also have to say this whole site and it's people are Awesome :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks Again... John HH

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DRY SAND ONLY! Any of the lower-end "VLF" machines will work well in dry sand, but wet saltwater sand and ocean water is too conductive for most, and they become unstable and lose a lot of depth. The saltwater environment will KILL your electronics, that is why saltwater machines are "housed" or submersible units. You can get a Tesoro Sand Shark with an 8" coil for $580.00 It is a "PI" (pulse induction) detector. Educate yourself by googling and reading past posts here - Good Luck! :headbang:

Yagershots said:
Good Afternoon All,

I was reading an awesome thread posted by hombre_de_plata_flaco "Best Metal Detector For Around $250.00". This was a great thread topic because this is around the price I want to spend for my first setup.

The only question I have about the Delta 4000 is will it work on a beach / shallow surf / wet sand? I'm worried about the saltwater. I know the coil is waterproof and not to get the control box wet. We have a trip to Cancun Mexico planed and I wanted to get up early and MD before my wife wakes up from her hangover(s).

If this MD'er will not work maybe I can get some suggestions on one that would work here at home in the NE and in Mexico. I want to get the ball rolling ASAP so I can practice here on dry land before our trip in September.

I also have to say this whole site and it's people are Awesome :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks Again... John HH

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you would be fine in the dry sand!!!!!!!!!!! you may even find a nice piece of gold to help you purchase a good submersable machine, as long as you can avoid the temptation to venture onto the wet sand and a little into the surf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread