Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is hunt number 41 here in Okinawa, and I think I'm finally getting into my groove. I keep a detailed log of my finds, and by my rough calculations (looking at my treasure box), I can quickly count 45,000 yen ($569 usd). I've amassed a couple of ounces of silver rings and misc, found 4 gold rings, 1 platinum ring that I sold, a few chains, and some WW2 bomb fragments. While I haven't quite paid for my recent toys just yet, at this rate it won't take long.

I've been out hunting the last couple of nights since the tides are working with me this week it seems. My new hunting partner Jason is really taking hold of that Garrett Sea Hunter, and he's starting to look like a seasoned pro. When I called him yesterday to see if he wanted to go out last night, there wasn't any hesitation at all. "Be here at 11pm" I said. To which he replied "No problem".

He was here at 10:30

So we geared up, packed the car, and were hunting at midnight.... at the ole hunny hole.

The night started off slow... and the first half hour only netted me 20 friggin yen. "Well that's not normal" I told myself. I was wondering if maybe we picked the place clean after the combined 5,000 yen we ripped from this place just the day prior... not counting the countless thousands I've pulled over the months I've worked this small area.
The pace picked up quickly after that, and it wasn't long before I had my first ring. A quick flash of the white light from my headlamp revealed that it was just some junker ring that looked good under the red light. Oh well... this beach is still gonna give me at least 1 more for the night.... just like it has the last 6 times I've been there. It never fails.

I hit a few hot pockets that I worked until I didn't hear a blip. Some of these payed well. Some paid the pulltab rate. I even hit one that I pulled 1,000 yen in a small 5'x5' area. Not bad.

By 4am, I could start to see the light on the horizon starting to change from dark black to a low glow of light red.... so I guess it's getting close to sunrise and I navigated my way over to Jason to see how he's done since I last checked in with him.

He pulls this fat mans ring off his finger, and I almost fainted.... I thought it was gold at first :'( I was about to get mad :laughing9: :laughing9:
Turns out it was apparently a fresh drop, as I've never seen such a new looking silver ring look so pretty coming from the ocean. Turns out it weighed in at 8 grams.... nice ticket for a noob.

Working the shallow area on our last 30 minutes or so, I pulled my second ring... just in time. Fat silver mans ring. Hey... no complaints here.

So we wrapped up the gear and headed home for some much deserved sleep.

Here's the booty for the night:

3,377 yen ($42)
1 silver ring -- 9 grams
1 junk ring

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. ;D ;D ;D

Zanpa003.jpg

Zanpa002.jpg

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Looks like another good nights hunting :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks! Yes... it was a good night, but I found that the hunting was more difficult than normal. I suspect that it's because the finds are getting more sparse. It took 4 hours or so to find what I would have found in 2 any other time.

Tonight I think we're going to head up North to Okuma for some night time hunting. It'll give Jason a better understanding of what a normal night is like. It's not always a 2 ring night combined with 3,000 yen. Not by a long shot.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
That is cool wish I could go out and get 42 bucks in 6 hrs I'm lucky if I get a couple of bucks lol WTG. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread