Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My buddy Ron, myself, and Jason decided to hit Okuma last night. It's a rather long drive up that way, but once we made it there, it didn't seem so bad.

I really wanted to hit the surf, but after a short stint in the water I could tell that it wasn't going to pan out like I was hoping. I worked the wet sand for a while and then eventually started working the dry sand further down the beach. I can't complain a whole bunch, I netted a silver ring with a cheapy stone, then turned around and got a little toe ring. Jason didn't find a whole lot here... he hasn't seen an 'average' trip out yet. But I managed to squeak out a little more than 1,400 yen ($17).

Ron had to head home, and Jason and I decided to head that way too. As we were driving back, we decided that since it was already so late at night, we should just pop into the honey hole for a quick look around.

We changed tactics and approached the beach a little differently than the last few days. This proved to be the way to go, and we worked like this until 4am.
Given the late arrival, I didn't manage to get my 2 rings from this beach, but did manage a nice silver one.

Jason did much better in the ring dept than I did. I'm really happy for him, as he netted his first PT1000 ring (5.5 grams).

The plundering for the night looked like this:

4,817 yen -- $61
3 rings
necklace charm

The silver ring that has the stone looks a little suspect at this point, so I'll do some electrolysis on it to see if I can read anything on the band. However, if it proves good, I added another 11 grams to the silver bin. :icon_pirat:

Thanks once again for stopping by and taking a look at my recent adventures. Hopefully soon I'll post that HUGE gold ring :wink:
Zanpa008.jpg

Zanpa009.jpg

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice job... :occasion14: You're right!! It's just a matter of time before you score some BIG GOLD. Keep the great stories coming.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Approaching your honey-hole beach from
a different way seemed to do the trick for
you. Gold should be next for you. GL
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gold Nuggets said:
Approaching your honey-hole beach from
a different way seemed to do the trick for
you. Gold should be next for you. GL
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm going to try something along the same lines tonight. I'm hoping that I get a good ticket this time around. The silver is getting kinda boring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread